Business Plan.

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Deonte, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Deonte

Deonte
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are a million ways, to come up with a business plan these days. Are there any that stick out in your mind as top shelf?

2. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The first thing that I have to think when starting out a business is what kind of business am I interested with.

3. Stephen Ryan

Stephen Ryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, i like the one where you explain clearly to investors why they should invest in you. lol

4. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say that whatever way you choose to create your business plan, be sure that it includes the following. What are your short term and long term goals of your business. Your marketing aims and objectives, meaning how many new customers you want to attract until the end of the period. Your financial information, including profit and loss forecasts, sales forecasts, cashflow, and audited accounts. Your mission statement should be included as well.

5. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

None of the business plan can stay forever. We must review the business plan every quarter and make the necessary changer. The business plan should be always follow market trend and public need. I will not limit myself to a fix business plan square box. Business should be creative.

6. Stephen Ryan

Stephen Ryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Initially, when I invest in a business I just ask to see the numbers (net/gross costs/sales revenue/profit - and investment required and ROI to me in 1-2 years) in a spreadsheet form.
    All I want to see is the numbers and see that the guy knows his numbers.
    If he doesn't have a mathematical model in his head for his business, then there is no place to start imo.

Stephen

7. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Finding the right business is a very tough thing. Currently I'm in search of something that would be interesting and require minimum initial investment. So far I've thought of many business plans and ultimately rejected them. But I'm sure when I hit the right track I would stick to it.

8. BertAustin

BertAustin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First I tell you something I agree with you. But business plan is the most important for any type business. This is the very important for a business. Businesses have different reasons to write a business plan but the process of creating a business plan will only help the business become successful.

9. Peter Birganza

Peter Birganza
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    It depends upon your willing that in what product do you want to deal? If you want to know my opinion than I would like to recommend you clothing business. The demand for clothes can not be deny. This business can reward you maximum.

10. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I completely agree with Patrick. A business plan will never stay constant. Of course, you'll have your initial business plan, whether its revolved around a product, service, or idea. Then you need to pitch that to investors, or if you already have the money, make sure it's as sound as possible to turn a profit.

The most important part of a beginning business plan in my opinion is the finances. Of course, when first coming up with a business plan you generally start off your financial section of it based off of estimates. These estimates can range from research you've done of similar companies offer the same type of things. You can always "guesstimate", as I like to call it, but you want to make sure you're in an affordable range and also that your range isn't something ridiculous. This would of course include, but not limited to, amount of employees, the positions of the employees, the pay of the employees, the products/services you're offering plus the pricings based on competitive research, the financial side of expanding and increasing revenues towards your business, and much more.

Coming up with a sound business plan is/can be a very daunting task. Especially for those who have never came up with one in the past. My best advice would be to do a ton of research in the market you're planning on entering into or exploiting, and have it reviewed once it's all done and typed up nicely.

Never disregard any opinions and advice anyone should give you on your initial business plan. I'm not saying you should take any opinions or advice to heart, but consider and weigh all the options. It's always good to get a few more voices on what you're doing, whether it's criticism or appreciation.

Even today, a lot of successful businesses have managed to be the way they are without a business plan. My own personal opinion on the matter though is why take the risk? Owning your own business is going to take a lot of time, energy, money, and work. I consider writing out a business plan to be the beginning task of the work part that will get you in the right mindset.

However, these are just my opinions.

• Like Like x 1
  11. cook920

cook920
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It sounds like you already know the business you want the plan for, so I am taking that you want some feedback on strategies of accomplishing it. Well I was forced to write mine from scratch in Grad school, but there are some great programs out right now if you want the software to get you in the right direction while you just plug in your information.

Business Plan Pro comes to mind..............it has 500 sample plans. Maybe it will work for your market as well.........

..............I'm also assuming that you know the business that you are qualified and ready to run.

12. sushilsilicon

sushilsilicon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can I know a successful business plan for Small Business, and Get Loan also on low credit value.

13. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to understand, each business plan is different and pertains to that particular business. You'll need to draw up your own business plan for what you feel like starting up.

As far as getting loans when you don't have that much substantial credit, that can sometimes be a problem. Although, keep in mind, the government wants more businesses in this economy right now as it creates more jobs. Therefore, there's a lot of small government aided loans you can get to help begin your business.

Take a look at www.sba.gov for some government loans that you could get.

Other than that, you may be able to get loans from some VC's (Venture Capitalists) as long as you have a good enough business plan and can pitch it to them and prove that it will make not only you money, but them money as well.

Hope that helps.