Business Plan Writing struggle.

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Chrisj0401, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Chrisj0401

Chrisj0401
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've read and attempted to use business plan templates, helped a bit. But got stuck on certain parts that needed facts and numbers, which I could get on some, but others are impossible if its a new market or a tiny market... do I ignore those parts and just move to the next sections of the business plan template? (I'm using SCORE's template)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Chris, I'd suggest that you complete a first draft of the plan by filling in the bits you can on each section. If you don't have the info you need for a certain section, just leave the heading blank and move on to the next section. Once you have a draft like this done, re-read it and add any additional information you can. On the second reading also note the questions that need answering and any further information you need to research. Then write a to do list of what you need to do and work through that. If there are any questions you would like help with, please post them in the relevant section here on Business Advice Forum.

Could that approach work for you?

3. myefox2012

myefox2012
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Come to study here

4. elids1979

elids1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Chris,
    Actually, I am working as a freelancer on preparing business plans on odesk and elance, so I recommend the following.
    Do what you can by yourself, and then post a project on a freelance sites with the exact things you need help in, that way, the charge will be lower.
    And don't be ashamed use people who know what they are doing, you can't do it all by yourself, since some parts, e.g. the Financial projection part require understanding of creating discounted profit and loss sheets, doing it right allows you to figure out the amount of money you will probably spend on the first years of your business.
    Feel free to contact me to my email [email protected] if you need a good BP template and advice, no charge involved for the friends in this site, I received a lot of help from it..
    By the way, templates are not holy, and not universal, if you feel that a section such as "suppliers" or "returning capital" will be irrelevant to the business, just skip it.
    In a nutshell, just make sure your BP talks about the 1) market environment 2)your business and your relative advantages 3)Financial projections.
    Good luck!

5. Chrisj0401

Chrisj0401
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, thx!

thanks!

6. tomibraniste

tomibraniste
    uix_expand uix_collapse

was very useful , thank you for your effort .

7. saramartin

saramartin
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Man! Firstly a thing always must be remembered that business or market is not tiny but your mind and lack of knowledge makes your business tiny. If you are sincere with your business then you must be aware about the market because without market knowledge your business is almost zero.e.g Dubai property business was very famous in the world in 2006 but lack of skill has dropped this business badly.:cool:

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's a very interesting and true statement, it genuinely inspires me and I will remember it.

Thanks!