Business plan sofware

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by xenon, Jan 9, 2010.

1. xenon

xenon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi.

Can anybody out there recommend a solid business plan software? While I have worked in business for the last 10 yrs for others, it's the first time I am considering a real attempt at doing something on my own. I've never put together a business plan and was wondering what recommendations are out there. Thanks in advance for any info suggested.

2. Ecogadgets

Ecogadgets
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know a site bplans(not allowed to put link) but I found this site is good provides different business ideas really good thought you might find it helpful.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Xenon and thanks for asking your business questions. I'm not really sure why you would need business plan software to be honest. You could write up a perfectly good business plan using any word processing and spread sheet programme. You can view links to some helpful business plan templates in our Useful Business Resources / Links thread.

Writing a business plan really isn't that difficult to do. All you really need is a brief document that outlines what business you are in, who are your competitors, how you will compete with them, your marketing strategy, the team behind the business and how you will finance everything.

Obviously it's easier easier said than done! Schedule some quiet time to write the plan using one of the templates. If you initially concentrate on writing the plan for your own eyes only (i.e. don't worry about what anyone else would think about it at this time), you might surprise yourself with how much progress you make in a couple of hours.

You might also find these threads helpful;
    Article On Business Plan!
    Developing a business plan.

Good luck with everything and please do post back with your feedback and thoughts, we will do our best to give you good business advice and point you in the right direction.

Ecogadgets, you are welcome to post the link if you feel it would be helpful to our members.