Business people vs Entertainers? Who do you thing young people should look up to?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Mike Yanek, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Mike Yanek

Mike Yanek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that there is a problem in society today, not enough roll models for young people to look up to.
    Some of the young people today are getting in to trouble (in my opinion) because of the lack of roll models and good parenting.
    Do you think that young people should look up to Entrepreneurs and business people as there roll models or to pop singers, actors and entertainers in general.
    (Besides looking in to there family and parents as roll models of course.)

I don't know that's kind of a strange topic I guess but still, what do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. sheepishwolf

sheepishwolf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that young people should look up to role models that they believe are worth looking up to. There isn't a set answer to who young people should look up to because not every young person has the same personality, hopes, and goals in life. I wouldn't say that a young person who wants to be a singer should look up to someone who is in business, just as I wouldn't say that a young person who is interested in business should have a role model who is a pop star.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all, it is not other people that should become their very first role model. As you said, most lack good parenting.
    And so the very first solution is for parents to become the role model to their children.

It should not be business man, nor entertainers that these young people should FIRST look up to as role models but their family members - specifically their parents should be the one showing it to them.

As their parents become good role models to the young, they can now start looking up to role models like business man and entertainers.
    It allows them to weigh if those kind of people deserves to become their role models to succeed in their plans, with their parents being the foundation of finding their role model.

Thank,
    Mark T

4. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It entirely depends on what is your vision and aim....if you want to be an actor , you can not look up at business people as your role model..same vice versa....this is because two different fields and two different approaches can not be mixed...

Similarly if you want to become social worker, you can not look both of them as your role model...

Here we are talking in prospects of professions rather than individuals........

5. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Everyone's purpose in life is different, so those who choose for themselves should be a role model in their life.
    Those who have a lot of passion in their business, would see entrepreneurs as their role models.