Business Partner Wants Out

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Chinahailin, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Chinahailin

Chinahailin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your business partner wants out, how to deal with it?
    I have no idea. Please help!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Do you know why he / she want out of the business? If you would like them to stay in the business try to arrange a meeting and sit down for a good chat about everything. Try to figure out the real reason why your partner wants to leave. Perhaps there has been some misunderstanding or maybe there is some other issue that you can do something about, to the benefit of both of you and the business.

Do you have a written partnership agreement in place? If so does it include a section to deal with the eventuality that one of you might want to leave the business?

If you can please post back with your thoughts and a little more information on the situation we will be able to offer you more specific help. For example please tell us the difficulties that this will cause for your business and if you are concerned that the business may not survive without your partner.

3. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you really want your partner to be out or in business is the real fact that you should be caring.

If you want your partner to stay at your business then tell him in a polite way why is he leaving the business? A reason is what everyone has for everything they do. If you think the reason he told cannot afford your business or is comfortable, you can remind him about how the business is and been running.

However, I suggest you both work on teams. And leaving business is not a good idea. Tell him what he needs and what should be done so that both can work again in.

4. Ryan86

Ryan86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometimes partners lose interest over time. You need to make sure that whoever you work with has a renewed interest to keep working with you on a continual basis. This means, continuing to set goals together, and revaluate where you are at with those goals.

5. Chinahailin

Chinahailin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I feel really puzzle. I think I have to talk to him.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Talking is good and listening is even better. Try to ask open questions and then listen intently to find out what is really bothering your partner.

7. wussa

wussa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If a partner wants out identify the problem. If you cannot get anything fiexed best be to ket him/her take their own path. Its not good to keep someone with no more interest.