Business of micro aerial vehicle.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by vikalp11, Sep 12, 2012.

1. vikalp11

vikalp11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone,
    I intend to start a business of manufacturing micro-aerial vehicles.
    They are useful in defence & search-&-rescue operations.

I am from India. I need to know its prospects in India. How much successful will this venture be?

Thanks,
    Vikalp Luthra.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Vikalp. Can you please tell us a little more about the business, e.g. are there any existing companies providing these products and who would your potential customers be?

If you can give a little more info our members will be able to give you better business advice and suggestions?

3. vikalp11

vikalp11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is one company in Mumbai, India. Its name is Idea Forge. I could find only one.
    My potential customers are Police, Army, Navy, Air-force, Fire-Brigades - basically the organizations related to security.
    It will be used by such defense groups to analyse a hostile situation without risking human life. Its a flying device (which can hover at place) & has a camera fixed on it. It can be used for surveillance.

Thanks,
    Vikalp.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds like it would be a big venture Vikalp. The next step for you would possible be to start putting together a business plan for the business. This exercise would help you research the market and the potential feasibility of the business. Would that be something that you are comfortable with doing?

5. NormanAvila

NormanAvila
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys,

Reading to these few posts I think such a business would be GIGANTIC once you manage to start it and have a constant cash flow. However, with clients such as police, army, etc. you've mentioned, cash should be flowing like water at the Niagara Waterfalls.

It's obvious that you need a business plan, a bit of market research. Other than that, details build up a successful business. Pay attention to all the small things, minimize your production costs, focus on what your clientele needs, have a great service and keep the quality high!

6. vikalp11

vikalp11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal.
    I am ready to take this first step.
    Please help me as to how to start off with it.

Thanks for the tip on cash flow, Norman. I'll keep that in mind.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member