business networking

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by orientalrugcareny, Sep 27, 2010.

1. orientalrugcareny

orientalrugcareny
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i am a business man and deal with Carpet Cleaning. than i want to increase my network than which one best way to increase my business network.

2. borisfowler

borisfowler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are a number of ways you can do that. The trick is finding the right people to network with. Many times, there are local networking events that you can attend and meet people.

Social media is also a very popular way meeting people and getting your name out there. I usually spend a few hours each week working with my company's social media.

3. andymc

andymc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Based on your industry, I would guess that you would target local customers first.
    Depending on your skill set and what your comfortable with. You could join clubs such as Toastmasters, Kiwani's, or your local community association? Those are great places to meet and mingle with potential clients.

If you wanted to do something online. Social media such as Facebook, Linked in are great resources as well!

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What city, country or state are you located in orientalrugcareny? Is there a Chamber of Commerce in your area - they are good organisations to start networking with? Another networking organisation worth considering is the BNI.

5. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many ways to expand your networking.. Keep a lookout if there is any events relating to your business in your country or you can offers your service to companys.. Wherever you go, if there is someone asking what do you do, you can tell them you work on carpet cleaning and if possible elaborate on it rather than telling the name only..

You can expand your network by promoting your service through the following ways:
    1 - Forums(Promotion Forum - www.forumpromotion.net.)
    2 - Blogs Commenting(Whenever you comment you are asked to put your website url. Here's the chance.)
    3 - Social Networking(Such as, Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Aim etc.. Spread your service as far as possible.)
    4 - Mouth to Ear(Means telling people what you do.. You can also ask your business friends to help you spread the word of your service.)
    5 - Search Engines(Submit your site to search engines(Google,Yahoo,bing,domz) for better and more clicks)

6. bonitasen

bonitasen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the best way is through creating your pages on facebook. It can come in touch of large no. of users rapidly. It really works so did I.

7. Yanni

Yanni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Although I would regularly agree that Facebook is a good option for expanding the network, i think there are better things to do for a carpet cleaning company. Local associations, sponsoring events, and e-mail marketing about interesting things would be the route i'd take.