Business Names - Feedback

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by W4NR, Jul 11, 2015.

1. W4NR

W4NR
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone,

I am setting up a company and I am looking for a general name that can work for different kind of activities centered on commercial consulting / contractual expertise / sourcing in Asia.

Here are the names I am considering:

- Ad Vitam International
    - Anima International
    - Kentel International
    - Clear-Cut International
    - AdvisorOne International
    - WhiteRook International
    - Quantum Satis International
    - Austerlitz International
    - A.C.E.S. International
    - Armorica International
    - Agora Nova International

I would really appreciate your feedback. Do not hesitate to let me know what name you prefer !!!

Cheers,
    W4NR

2. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I am kind of partial to the AdvisorOne and WhiteRook names. Good ones. Easily remembered by people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

May I ask why there is International in the name? And if it is centered on services, why not include the word services? And since the kind of service that I see is a professional one, perhaps it would be appropriate to name is Professional Services. But if that sounds trite then maybe Technical Services would be fine. And since it is for Asia, then I will suggest Technical Services, Asia. And for the first word? Any will do. I hope that helps.

4. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will give my honest opinion, please forgive me in advance...

Anima sounds like a petcare firm, Kentel reminds me of telecommunications and Austerlitz makes me think of concentration camps.

AdvisorOne sounds like a great choice though, although people will automatically assume that it is some type of consultancy business.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is nothing on these names that would tell me really what kind of business are you into. That might not be important for some but that I think a name just like a logo should tell a bit of something about the nature of the business and what not. All I see is the word international. Can you drop that word if you are not operating or going to operate internationally? That is my blunt opinion

• Like Like x 1
  6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Those are the two that caught my eye, as well.

Personally, I would include something about the purpose of the business in the name, though, because it's often helpful, and will catch peoples' attention, and potentially bring in business. If I hear a company name and have to look up what it means, I'm going to move onto a different company that spells out its purpose, before sitting down and investigating the first company's name.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Robert01

Robert01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think I like the second one, -Anima International. I don't know why but it sound's nice.