Business, name idea.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Jermainedd, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Jermainedd

Jermainedd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well i am starting a new cafe business, so i am looking for a name that is memorable, conjurs up an picture in the clients thoughts and is illustrative, of what I will be doing.

2. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good day Cafe , Cafe Culture, or Happy Cafe :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck. A good name can be very helpful but the key is what you do with the name. Starbucks, Peet's, Peaberry, Caribou, Seattle's Best. Those names are memorable but do the words alone really conjur up a picture in the consumer's mind? I don't think so, but look what they have done.

Personally, I would focus on memorable and let your brand development build the picture to go along with the name.

4. Thanh

Thanh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do you start up a new cafe for ? Find out and you may find the suitable one. :)

5. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Couldn't agree more.

It's also about building a USP to make your cafe different from the other ones. It could be specialized promotions, or going above and beyond to make the consumer experience great. Whatever it is, doing those types of things is what will make your cafe memorable. Not so much the name. I'm in Canada and we have a cafe place called Tim Horton's and though the name isn't necessarily memorable, they've created a USP and a memorable brand to succeed and be known across Canada and in some states in the US.

6. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exactly, some more thinking about the USP or anything that makes the Cafe different would help you find a name. When you come up with that you can then ask for suggestion on the best one of them all.

The name may not be the best but with the right message and service over time it could take your business to new heights.

7. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What about "Home Cafe"???