Business name feedback

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by placid, May 1, 2012.

1. placid

placid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone. I'm hoping to gain some solid feedback from members. I'm at the point where I'm ready to commit to a business name, but want to be sure that I'm on the right track. Obviously this is a weighty decision, and I want to make sure that it "fits".

I have a personal concierge business that I run under my own personal name. Looking to grow the business, and hence the need to come up with a solid business name. As much as I like the idea of "catchy" names, or those with a play on words, I want to make sure that I'm thinking long-term and of the bigger picture. I'm leary about being pigeon-holed, and having a name that isn't able to "grow" with the business. I'm also hesitant to choose a name that might limit my focus as far as my target market.

That being said, I'm strongly stuck on the name Prestige Concierge. I like what the word 'prestige' conjures up, and of course the word 'concierge' implies what the business is about. I'm hesitant because I wonder if it is indeed "catchy" enough? Is it too hard to pronounce?

Any feedback or other name suggestions very much welcomed!

2. TomWbl

TomWbl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seems a good name, can you trademark it? http://prestigeconcierge.com/ seems to be available.

Not too hard to pronounce. How you conduct the company will impact on what people associate the company with much more than the name.

3. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I think you must based it in long term, I think your business name is great and it is more professional.

4. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I like it. I don't know if I would call it "catchy" but it is easy to remember and conveys a sense of quality about your services.

One thing, though. It seems like a natural choice, perhaps so much so that others may have already had the same idea. I certainly recommend that you check the trademark registry in your country to make sure that the name is not taken by someone else before you spend your effort and money to build the brand.

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Prestige sounds catchy but may also sound expensive to some.

6. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seems good. Prestige Concierge seems to be a long term name and you have it well - not that catchy but it sounds very professional. If you are able to build a good reputation and credibility to your company and its name - there is no doubt that it will be a long termed name and successful name for you business. Goodluck.

Regards,
    Alex

#6 Mark T, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  7. askpreeti

askpreeti
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having an effective business name is one of the secrets of achieving success in the business. So for a good and catchy name for your business you should take help of any professional name development agency.

8. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It sounds very professional and reliable. However, i don't it is good enough to capture people's attention. Perhaps you could come up with something classy, yet acceptable to the taste of commom people.

9. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's actually good. Perhaps adding a sub-title/description or whatever you call it under your business is another great option.

"Prestige Concierge"
    - Flexibility. Management. Results

Just an idea.

10. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A Good Business Name Must Be Bold. It must make a statement. It must stand out. It must call attention to itself.

Don't forget to register your business name after, here's how to do it http://registerabusinessnametoday.com/

11. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I couldn't have put this better myself, think a different name is required though than the one above.

12. T-RexCards

T-RexCards
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it sounds extremely professional!