Business mentor required

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by zig&zag, May 2, 2011.

1. zig&zag

zig&zag
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have recently started a business with a friend. We provide short courses for professionals wishing to update their skills and businesses who want to train their staff. We specialize in providing technical training for the telecommunication sector. We are looking for a mentor, to advise us at this early stage in the growth of our business. Ideally this should someone who operates a training or consultancy business. Does anyone know how we might go about finding such an individual?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What country is your business based in zig&zag? Have you contacted any government enterprise support agencies in your area to ask if they can provide mentor support?

3. Yanni

Yanni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you need a financial consultant / business consultant... there are plenty of resources in front of your eyes that you could use... ;) Or you could always try typing in business consultant in google... you'll never know who you'll find.

4. aapkae

aapkae
    uix_expand uix_collapse

google is your best friend in this regard..just hit a query and you will get many surprises

5. zig&zag

zig&zag
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for these replies. I'm based in the u.k. I'll try the government enterprise support. At the moment we're really just looking for a business mentor.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

7. zig&zag

zig&zag
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Super, thanks for that

8. Stephen Ryan

Stephen Ryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi zig&zag, i'd be happy to talk to you. I run a technician training company, primarily for young people.
    I am based in Kent, England. My skype is mrrobot1, if you want to look me up.
    Background is software company start-ups, game studios, web media agencies and corporate IT, if of interest.
    I'm not taking on paid work, but you can contact me if you want a chat.
    Cheers
    Stephen
    www.technicianinabox.com