Business Insurance

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Bruder Mouse, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Bruder Mouse

Bruder Mouse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have an online second-hand-book business in the UK and work from a warehouse. A few members of the public occasionally come onto the premises. I have no employees. What insurance is legally compulsory? TIA! :confused:

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Bruder Mouse welcome to our Business Forum, I love second hand books and would lover to hear more about your business.

I'd suggest that you contact some insurance brokers and some of the better known insurance companies. They will obviously try to sell you insurance but the more helpful ones will give you real advice as to the insurance you actually need. You will probably need the following as a minimum;

• Fire & other damage, e.g. flooding
    • Theft
    • Public liability - probably the most important, considering you get at least some visits from the public
    • Employer's liability
    • Insurance for yourself, in the unfortunate event that you should become injured or otherwise unable to work.

It's extremely important to have adequate insurance and I'd recommend sorting it out as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stevenricherd

stevenricherd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You will need liability insurance,you can get liability coverage under a small business insurance policy and get the quotes about how much it going to cost. You will need errors and omissions coverage as well, better to get a insurance which cover your home as well as your business.

4. foxgeorge

foxgeorge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

However business insurance is not compulsory but As a business owner, protecting your business is as equally important to generating profits. Tom Gallagher Insurance can manage your insurance portfolio with a primary objective of maintaining an adequate level of coverage at the lowest possible cost.