Business Ideas you thought of but never tried!

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by lokesh05, Mar 29, 2008.

1. lokesh05

lokesh05
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi friends, this thread is dedicated to all your business ideas which you thought of, but never got started with! :)
    Each one of us must have had several those light-bulb moments when we got an idea or two but just couldn't pursue them because of one reason or the other!
    Let's share those ideas here! No matter how bizarre or absurd they might be!:D

my idea(s) included:
    -> re-use of newspapers to make paper bags and sell them! (many people in India still don't use them, prefer polythene/plastic bags instead! :(
    -> opening a backyard shop for selling junk but valuable items! (concept still not ripe! and found only junk with no value! :) )

#1 lokesh05, Mar 29, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've had too many business ideas to even begin to list them. This is actually not a good thing, because I'd be much better off today if I'd focused on one specific idea years ago and worked diligently on developing it.

One idea that I've often toyed with is to start a website that would give away free money every day. Visitors would submit how much money they want, what they want it for and every day a certain amount of them would get their money. The plan would be that the site would generate so much traffic and publicity that pretty soon advertising would cover the cost of the free money.

3. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree Fergal, and I know the feeling. Too many ideas and not enough resources is usually my problem.

A lot of them have been off line ideas, with some cross over for possible net sales.

I have had a good idea for an international WFH set of sites that could be interesting. Well, I think it is good.

4. lokesh05

lokesh05
    uix_expand uix_collapse

with the kind of people there are, you would have gone bankrupt in a few seconds, and that would have generated news!:p

no offense!
    the idea is logical, but needed adequate financial backing!

5. upineter

upineter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to build a web server for my new web services. I want to be reseller webhosting provider. Now I just a website builder that depend on the other webhosting company with limitation of space of hosting. I hope next year I can build my webhosting server.

6. akhanna18

akhanna18
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i want to start a web site related to portfolio building . and the earnig source would be by fee based services.

7. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have nice and specific goals there akhanna18. When you said portfolio building, what kind of portfolio are you referring too? I'm in the financial industry and when we say portfolio, we usually refer to portfolio of investments. For artists and painters, their portfolio is usually about their art.

8. akhanna18

akhanna18
    uix_expand uix_collapse

want to start a web site related to portfolio building . and the earnig source would be by fee based services.

9. JPolito830

JPolito830
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What kind of portfolios are you looking into? It seems like a good idea, probably a lot of work though.

10. divyun

divyun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well, i thought of many ideas but in vain as all of things i had thought of were already done, except some. some were even impossible. i do not like to use someone else's ideas to create a site which many of us sought to do. something different or special is something a person need. only two of my ideas are unique. one is already implemented in the form of aliengang.com and other i want to keep it a secret.

11. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've just visited your forum in aliengang and I'm quite impressed with the site. You can even choose between 4 different banners in the site: Star Trek Enterprise, Babylon 5, Sunflares and Spaceship. Nicely done!

I don't think that your concept is unique though because there are already a lot of forums out there that are dedicated to discussions on aliens. You could try and do research on aliens using these forums and maybe start putting content into your forums. You can also google "aliens", "alien abductions", "area 51", "x-files", etc, to start you off on your research.

Good luck!

#11 Nazreen, Jun 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  12. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I appreciate the work done by Divyun in his website - AlienGang. Very nice topic brought under discussion with forum which is an excellent work. Yes, the banners and everything is excellent but however I'll praise your idea work.

Keep the good work! All the best!

13. akhanna01

akhanna01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i want to have a company which will provide all sorts of investment alternatives and have a reach to every asset class.

14. wainrob

wainrob
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Had this plan, i am planning to build a cybercafe with dvd rentals in my own house. But til now it's still an idea.

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum, wainrob.

Are there any legal or local authority restrictions on running a business like that from your home, in your country or state?

16. akhanna18

akhanna18
    uix_expand uix_collapse

many people in this world dream alot but whatever we dream does not always turns into reality...the same is with the business...so many ideas com in our mind...but very less people ever try them...

17. deepak_sharma

deepak_sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also had an business idea which i could never implement.Unlike most of you who want to do website realted business i want to enter catering business.I would start a company who would supply professional chefs for temporary basis.Also chefs would be specialized in different cuisine .Anyone who want to ba a partner in this business with me.:)

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Why not, what's stopping you?

19. prettysue

prettysue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My business idea is an offline business. I would like to have a pet shop with all the pet needs are there. And in that pet shop, grooming of dogs are also offered. The unique thing about my pet shop is having a studio where you and your pet can pose for a picture :)

20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

When I was a child I loved and was fascinated by my local pet shop. I dreamed for many years of owning one myself. The business idea doesn't hold the same appeal to me now, but maybe someday I'll look into it again.