Business Idea?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by startupsurprise, Dec 28, 2015.

1. startupsurprise

startupsurprise
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi everyone,

I want to set up an online b2b platform like alibaba but targeting only a specific industry that isn't listed on any b2b site.

I don't know alot about business and have very little money but I have alot of determination.

What are the pros and cons of sites like alibaba? Has anyone here used them before? Where is the beat place for me to start regards to marketing?

many thanks

2. CorporateViking

CorporateViking
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

It's always smart to scope out your competition before you get started. A+

Pro: Great bulk prices, proven turn-key solution that works with minimal headache, free to get setup
    Con: easy to make scams, no real brand trust, easy to make a mistake and end up with a bad quality product you can't move

With sites like that you can easily google "Why I love ______" or "why not to use ________" and find out the top pro and cons. It's very different than looking at testimonials because the analytics end up very different when you ask a specific question like, "Is Alibaba a scam"

3. CorporateViking

CorporateViking
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Oh and try and start local by convincing some local entrepreneurs and college students to use it. With stuff like that you need word of mouth and branding so that people are comfortable. Getting into the local markets will give you the people who say your product's good. I recommend using Guerilla marketing tactics (there is a book) to mix with your Blue Ocean Strategy (what your doing now... there is also a book.)