[Business idea] Betting tips and advice service.

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by Thanoz, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know if i've told you, but i love betting, football(soccer) mainly. And i am also a paid subscriber to many "bet advice" services..:D
    I have found that there is a way(there is some partner interest) to start a similar service myself.
    Provide advanced stats, "advice", tips, play system, picks etc.
    I was a thinking even of an ad-free website. Truth is, i don't like the fact i pay 20€/month and still have to see ads..
    I've found people willing to research and post to maintain a high level of services.
    What would you think? I'm also thinking of starting the business in Malta or Bulgaria. Cyprus is also an option. Ireland used to be a good choice, for tax.. but i don't know if it still is, that's where i would like Fergal to comment :)

What do you think? Is there space for one more service like this? Of course we're talking about a TOP designed website and to give some info, the game previews will be writen by people from all around the world(we will pay them).

It's just an early idea, we'll mainly head for European betters( UK, Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria, are the main targets.)

I was thinking for a fee of 25-50€/6-month and even 24h account for something like 0.99 so that someone can try the service or "exploit" the tips and advice for 1 match day specifically.

I would really like to hear some opinions, especially from other betting passionates!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanoz sorry but I'm not into sports betting myself so unfortunately it is a market I really don't know anything about. Would your business have any employees in addition to yourself? (The attractiveness of Ireland would at least partly depend on the size your business will be.)

As with any business, the fact that there are already competitors in the market demonstrates that there is a market for the service and that it can be a profitable business. The trick is to find a way that you can be better than the existing competitors, in an area that is valued by customers. Have you figured out a unique strength / selling point, that you would have over your competitors?

3. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, thanks for the reply.
    Actually i won't "work" on the website, i would take the promotion aspect. I won't be the complete owner, due to the budget required we'll be a team(shareholders).
    The tipsters are going to be other people that will be paid a fair amount of money to report latest news from their countries( I kind of have "stand-by" some people from Cyprus, Latvia, UK, Germany), like last-minute line-ups, changes, injuries etc.
    The advanced stats will be just software.
    I actually have thought of "selling points/unique strengths". They are actually what I would like to see. I am member of such services for a couple of years and i always wished i have one-two-three more things. These are what i am willing to offer!

4. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not into betting as well, but have you research about probably betting systems only to manage accounts of bets from people?

5. BAFmonkey

BAFmonkey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i love betting also, but the last month was terrible. I lost 2 important tickets in the last 2 minutes. As for betting advice, there was a site i liked called freebettingadvice.com

6. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@BAFmonkey,
    Well, i am not into free betting sites, the one i dream of(it's still to early to say i'll do it) would be with paid subscription as i mentioned.
    by the way, if you want i have some good ones for tomorrow saturday Hehe, if you want i can PM you some picks tomorrow :)