Business Goals

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by djschwab, Sep 29, 2008.

1. djschwab

djschwab
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am halfway through my second year in business. I set the following goals for my first 3 years. Year 1 was start-up, year 2 is stabilization, and year 3 is growth. I am looking to stabilize my income to the point where the business is financially self-sufficient. All my efforts are geared toward this 3 year goal.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing your goals with us DJ. By the sounds of things you have achieved your Year 1 goal, is that correct?

It helps us to achieve our goals when we are specific about what we actually want to achieve. Is your goal for Year 2 to break even?

Have you set specific revenue targets for your business?

3. djschwab

djschwab
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My Ultimate Goal

My ultimate goal is to grow my own business to the point where I am confident it can support me financially. I love the work I am doing, I'm just not doing enough of it at this point in time. Fortunately, I have great support around me and the confidence to keep moving forward.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Threads merged.

DJ you might notice that I've asked some questions in reply to your first post.

Congratulations on finding something you love doing, this is no small achievement and a vital step on your path to success.

Are you saying that you need to get more business?

Have you plans in place to get more work from your existing customers or to get more new customers?