Business from overseas

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Keepyourcool, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Keepyourcool

Keepyourcool
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I have a small internet based business which I have been doing since last 6-8 months in US. I have registered the company in US. However, I plan to move overseas for good and still plan to continue doing this business from there.
    Are there any issues of doing a doing a business registered in US and working from overseas? I know I will have to file my taxes in both countries.
    Any advise??

Thanks

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our business forum Keepyourcool. A lot may depend on the country you are moving to. Can you please tell us which one it is?

3. Keepyourcool

Keepyourcool
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am going to India

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Is there a reason why you want to keep the business registered in the US, while you will actually be based in India?

It would be worth contacting your local IRS office to ask them about the tax implications for your own specific circumstances, a quick phone call could give you some very helpful information.

Some of our Indian members might be able to give you the best contacts for the Indian side, or perhaps you know them already?

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do you mean by this? What difficulties?

6. Dayanan

Dayanan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In the Philippines foreign income of resident aliens is not taxed. You will have to check in India if they have something similar.

I don't if your American citizen but if you are you should declare to the IRS that you are now living overseas and arrange to be paid overseas from your company. Americans living overseas only pay income tax on revenue above US$ 90,000

7. fashionhandbagsl

fashionhandbagsl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think it is a good idea to file taxes in both countries