business depression - making money from blogging

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by singam, Apr 26, 2011.

1. singam

singam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello there,
    is that blog is hard to make 5figure this days? those blogs which making 5figure like johnchow , darren, entrepreneurs journey, is that all that lying they make 5figure each month???

many people saying its hard to make 5figure from blogging. lets take this forum, even business advice forum also not making 5figure each month i guess. is that true??

exactly what we can make from blogging in todays world??

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd love if it were otherwise singam, but I can assure you that Business Advice Forum isn't making five figures per month :)

I do believe those famous bloggers when they say they are making that kind of money. They are famous, they are at the top of their game and they receive huge traffic every day. Because this is quality traffic they can convert it into good advertising revenue and income from affiliate programs, etc.

I'd say that the money you can make is almost limitless, however it will take a lot of time, hard work and dedication to your blogs. You will find some great links on the subject in the Making Money Online section of our Useful Online Business Resources thread.

3. singam

singam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

is that there is anything like advertisers only want americans or europeans visitors to blog alot?? is that they will pay less money to place advertisment in that blog if the visitors to the blog majority are asians??

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Any media that has a majority of readers / visitors with more money to spend can command higher rates for ad space, than media whose viewers have less money to spend.

The unfortunate reality is that people in Asian countries have less disposable income than those in the US and Europe. Hence bogs with high readership from the US and Europe can generally command higher ad rates than blogs whose readers are mostly from poorer Asian countries, all else being equal.

5. singam

singam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

fergal advertisers don't pay according to the number of visitors visit the blog, if alot of visitors ad space fees high? i was thinking my job is to bring alot of visitors to my blog, never taught about which country they need to be from:( i am in trouble, alot of my visitors going to be asian :(

6. timpane

timpane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The regrettable truth is that persons in Asian nations have less disposable earnings than those in the US and Europe. Hence bogs with high readership from the US and Europe can usually order higher publicity rates than blogs whose readers are mostly from poorer Asian nations, all additional being equal.

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They are many way to earn with blog, and many blogger not only work on the blog but also other online business. Blog is same as website, there are still many way to make money from it but you gotta consider how good your content and how good your marketing

8. Casey

Casey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is correct, your path to 5 figures a month lies through hi-quality content and high levels of traffic!

9. f5mtadas

f5mtadas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many imitators, whose are telling that making 5-6 figures income trying to attract others - old fashion fake :)
    To be good blogger you need something valuable to provide to your readers and give them some good free stuffs to look
    in. Learn how to gain trust and communicate with them, give them some funny from your blog. You need likes as much as
    you can receive from them, than put some good paid stuff.

There are also many things how to market blog - it takes time, but it is worth to try

Tadas

10. Bwendo

Bwendo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be honest, genuine and helpful and actually provide something for the reader - people get pretty tired remarkably quickly if you offer copied content or spammy articles with nothing original.

Share your insights and some candid comments and you will provoke responses from your readers.

11. singam

singam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sigma and casey as u guys said my path to 10 000USD a month lies on how good my content is, next high level traffic. ok now what i have is 500 unique and valuble content to offer my readers.

next if i work on getting alot of traffic(american readers) to my blog is that i can earn 10 000USD a month? 500 very valueble content will be good enough to start making 10 000USD if i do all online marketing thecniques?

friends even i understand something wrongly please explain me and correct me, i am here to learn. thankx in advance! thankx to bwendo, f5mtadas, timpane, sigma, casey to reply my post.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Do you mean that you have 500 unique blog posts?

13. singam

singam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yea i have 500 very valuable blog posts, the next thing i need to do is do alot of online marketing and bring alot of american readers to my blog right, thats how i can start making 10 000USD a month? 500 very valuable blog post is enough to start making 10 000USD a month? correct me if i understand something wrongly, thank you

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

singam having 500 good quality and unique posts really is a good start and your success will largely depend on how good those posts really are. How often do you plan on publishing a blog post, e.g. one per day or two per day?

15. singam

singam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ops, i think trying to make 10 000USD for 500 very quality blog article is unrealistic expectation. if someone point my unrealistic expectation i will clear my confusions and understand better. but the reason why i ask can i make 10 000USD is because the blog post all VERY QUALITY.
    anyway let me tell what i plan to do, since i have all the 500 quality articles in my thumb drive i want to post all the articles on the first day and i want to get my self busy doing online marketing for my blog next. then the next month i want to post 2article per day constantly. in the third month do u think i will reach making 10 000USD?

#15 singam, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

singam I'm not sure that starting your blog off with 500 posts on your first day is the best strategy. People who visit and read blogs like to see content and news added on a regular basis. If you publish all those posts on your first day and then don't post anything for another month, some of your visitors may be disappointed and decide not to return to you.

For example, if someone visits your blog the first week you launch it and then checks back again a few times over the next 2 or 3 weeks, they are probably going to be disappointed that you haven't added any new content and they may well decide not to return. Plus if someone visits your blog three weeks after you launch it and see that there has been no content added in three weeks, they may form the impression that the blog is not updated regularly and decide not to visit it again.

It's impossible for us to say how many quality posts you will need in order to earn 10K per week, there are too many other factors involved. If Bill Gates launched a for profit blog in the morning and gave it some good publicity, I'm pretty sure it could make 10K per week before he added 500 posts to it. Your potential success really depends on the quality of your content and the value that you offer to your readers. Other factors that will impact on your potential income will be design and attractiveness of your blog and your monetisation techniques (e.g. ad placement, ad design, ad format, ad network used, level of direct ad sales, affiliate programs promoted, etc, etc.)

Good luck with it!