Business Cards

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Kevin.1984, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Kevin.1984

Kevin.1984
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everybody!!!

I've found these magnetic business cards at mag-print.co.uk and I was wondering if it would be helpful for my business (I have a little translation business) instead of traditional business cards.

What do you think?

Thank you very much!!!!

2. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well the thing is that it's magnetic. It is catchy in a way and unique although you should also include if it really is useful for your customers and clients if they have magnetic.

3. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Magnetic business card could cost a little more expensive than usual business card. However, this can really capture the attention of your prospect which could establish recall in their mind about your name or your company. Just don't make it too thick.

4. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All type of business card is important for your business.. But this kind of card too much expensive to make.. And also client or customer who want to used it or not..Well every time it's good to thought like this kind of ideas... It's really help you in business...

5. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Business cards that are magnetic - can be use in refrigerators in replacement of those old magnetic things... Can be a good idea too since people would just need to get it into a magnetic surface and keep the business cards safe in there.

6. BluStarMarketing

BluStarMarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The trick is to actually get people to take the magnet and to actually place it somewhere that it will stick. So maybe think of something funny or catchy that will encourage them to use the magnet.....

7. LucidWebMarketng

LucidWebMarketng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do giveaways like that work and bring in more business? I think there's little value in it most times.

I have not had to buy pens for many years because everybody gives them away (although some were so cheap, they didn't work and I threw them out). Have they helped me become a customer? No. I even had to look at my favourite pen for months right now and it's for a hotel. I just don't look at the name on the pen.

I got another one from Google for attended one of their seminars last year, with a paper pad and their logo. Thanks. But I was already converted.

In your business, I don't think a magnetic card would be of more value and bring more business. First, where would a business person - likely your target market - put it? Do most have refrigerators in their offices? Would they look at it often if that was the case? Probably not. It would likely end up with the regular paper cards, in a box somewhere, to be consulted when needed. Even then, they would think first of looking elsewhere if and when they needed your services, and 80%+ of the time these days is on search engines. I think it would be best for you to invest that money in a pay-per-click campaign.

Unless somehow you can put your name and brand in front of their face all the time, stuff like that won't work most times. Like I said, I didn't realize my everyday pen was for a hotel. But I don't think most people notice or remember the brand of their monitor, computer or mouse with the logo and name right on them.

Only things I can think of that could work are mouse pads and those one page a day calendars. Even then, they may just do a quick search and hire someone else when they need your services.

8. Yigal

Yigal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

LucidWebMarketng I agree that magnetic business cards might not be a great idea for all types of businesses, If I was attending a conference a traditional business card might be more suitable, but if a carpet cleaner was to come to my house and leave me a magnetic card, I know where to look for it the next time my carpet needs a rub. the most important point thou is marketing if it's pens, mugs, letter opener or any other item that you come up with, free bees is a great way to let your customers know that you are thinking of them while at the same time working on branding your company name and logo. I would always recommend what you send out useful gifts to your customer / prospects but this is only so that they look forward to getting more gifts from you and that their customers might see the name. In sort, every inch in marketing might go a long way, keep on branding!

9. alltimeprint

alltimeprint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Kevin

Magnetic business cards will definitely be helpful for your business.Since magnetic and plastic cards combination is in high trend.Most of the business as well as customers use magnetic cards for transactions,buying products etc.Since you have a translational business so magnetic cards are much effective for your business

10. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Magnetic business cards are a great way to stay top of mind with public and there are a lot options by which they are beneficial both for consumer and business. You can start service based business with magnetic business cards, delivering great customer support and building more trust while doing initial sales. A car repairing company can offer maintenance tips to ensure different performance of systems etc. Magnetic business cards can be helpful reminder for schedules and holidays events for recurring services.

11. ilovedesign

ilovedesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I say if you can afford them, then go for it. I know a lot of people (myself included) that pick up magnetic business cards solely because they need more magnets on their fridge. Having it displayed on your fridge means you are a constant reminder to them and their visitors.