Business card quality, does it really matter?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Yigal, May 30, 2012.

1. Yigal

Yigal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'v never had business cards in my life! when I meet someone and want his info, I pull out my phone and email him / her on the spot. When I get asked for my card I just say that I don't have one and give my email out instead.
    Well, I'm going to a conference next week and in one of the emails they say that you must bring business cards with you.
    My question is, does it really mater the quality of the paper the card is printed on? I probably notice if the card is nice and has a logo on it I even notice if the paper has a texture feeling to it, but will I think less of someone or maybe not even call the company because of the card? This i'm not sure of.
    Your thoughts?

2. MartinLedley

MartinLedley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It absolutely must look professional and be of the highest quality you can afford. First impressions count, regardless of whether we personally agree with that or not, so you need business cards that will say a lot about you right at the beginning. Put yourself in their place, if you couldn't decide between three people to give your business to and you asked them for a card, and one didn't have any, another handed you a really cheap looking one and the third gave you a high quality, really nice card, who would impress you the most?

• Like Like x 2
  3. alexllever

alexllever
    uix_expand uix_collapse

business card expresses your taste not only in life but business as well. for instance if your brand is simple and clean, make your card the same style. if creative one, so does the card. it shows your attitude.

make it rememberable, standingout. make others trust u and want to contact u. it's marketing, and sales, you are the product.

4. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Business cards are also important, make it simple but more professional looking.

5. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well it is important if you are dealing with people face to face. It is a necessity in the business industry to have some business card especially if you are dealing with interested customers.

6. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No now today's generation Business card must be compulsory.. Because Business card is like identification of your and also about your business... Every customer or client need it... Business card you need Because you mention all the details about your company, your product, your contact number,etc... It's become easy to our client to reach you....It's also shows like how your company will look professional...Also they can remember you as long time.... Also they can pass it thru more client... So basically Business card is more important.....

7. StarBC

StarBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What I can say is if somebody gives me just an e-mail there're less chances I will contact him just because I can simply forget what this person is doing. Unlike the business cards that I can upload through my biz cards reader on my iPhone and that contents all important information that I can always see. When you meet people at networking events you don't have that much time to know a lot about a person and a business and biz cards are very helpful here.

The quality and design are very important! How Martin Ledley said "First impressions count". And think how proud you will feel when somebody is impressed with your biz cards. They will remember you as a professional rather than just a business owner.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Business cards are one way to let people remember your business or you yourself. Make it more professional and people would easily be able to contact you without much hesitation. Also, put i all necessary information on your business card - ways on how they would contact you in case they needed your service.

9. Yigal

Yigal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I didn't think of checking to see if there was an app for business cards. I Downloaded World cards lite and ill see if i like it. Thanks for the tip STARBC.

10. untitled

untitled
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here's where a business card counts.. If the business card is the only connection or memory a buyer has of you, you may want to make that a good one. If you are giving out your e-mail, the client won't be likely to remember you or your business too well, unless you left one heck of an impression.

11. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will say YES. The business card is representing your company, the quality of the business card is important. it is not necessary to purchase a gold business card but at least it shall be above average

12. StarBC

StarBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You're welcome. I use BC Reader (Business Card Reader) for iPhone. But if a card is not standard I have to fill up some fields manually unfortunately. But in general these apps really save your time!

13. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The main reason of business cards is to create everlasting impression on recipients and let them remember your business. A business card holds all the useful information regarding your company and present company image by highlighting the services provided, so the quality matters. The card must be of good quality that can engage your recipient in first glance. Business card develops your company's image so it must look professional. Overall, the quality is the most important thing. The production cost of business cards is low but it provides better outcome, it gives an idea about the company that if he is capable of doing what he is providing or not. There are a lot of qualities available but you should choose according to the type of business which clearly show its purpose.

14. Choice Checks

Choice Checks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having the best looking business card, will help to show the quality of your business. Quality and professionalism goes hand and hand. Just remember to always offer the best customer service you can give.

15. ilovedesign

ilovedesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You want to stick in the viewer’s mind, not stick to the side of the trash bin. Because of that it’s very important to put a lot of effort into your business cards. If you have the money then you can look into things like magnetic or translucent business cards that will help you to stand out. Or if you can hire a designer to design you a witty one it works too. Just find some way to stand out from the crowd.

16. pentawebexperts

pentawebexperts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can read in this article what is a business card and how it must be to attract the marketers. articlesbase.com/printing-articles/the-benefits-of-business-cards-to-promote-the-business-5721947.html

17. laurabrentley

laurabrentley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Business cards are very important to any business owner or associate. It shows professionalism. In business, it's good to be able to pass on a card because it helps that person to contact you later. So by printing good quality and impressive business cards will leave a mark on your client’s and probably communicate with you. Giving your business card also shows that person that you value them.

18. Bharat Book

Bharat Book
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice description provide here..
    Business card helps to know what kind of business we are running..It must be professional.so,that people able to contact you more easily when they need your services

19. PlastoCards

PlastoCards
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, business card quality always matter. It reflect your business position and quality of your business. OS, business card always matter.

20. rfid999

rfid999
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Business cards are widely used in business activities. It makes our introduction simple and gives people professional looking. The quality of the business card is important,as they represent your company. I was used to print my business cards from Ecardtec.com,their cards are very durable and cheap. I love it very much.