Business Advice

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by FB92, May 9, 2013.

1. FB92

FB92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am the owner of a Web Design business. I have been approved a bank loan and this that and the other. I have registered my company and awaiting the paperwork that needs to be signed then scanned.

I have purchased a printer/scanner which is arriving within the next couple of days.

I have a business website http://fb92webmedia.co.nz

What else is required for a new business?

At the moment I am selling Web Hosting and Web Design. Although with the office space I am hopefully getting by the end of the month I think I will go a bit further with my skills and that sort of thing.

2. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need manpower, cash flow in hand, clients, computers and many more. Sales and marketing strategic are important, without client all small issue can turn up become big problem.

3. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know I've said this before on this forum but I'll mention it here again. Make sure you have a plan for growth. If you don't have cash on hand and available manpower, a surge in business can prove more damaging than very little business if you are not prepared. The reason we've been able to continuously grow without sacrificing our quality of service is because we've had a plan of operation from the start. Such things as what do we do if our DC has continuous network issues, what about attacks, how do we deal with a 200% surge in business, how do we handle scheduling to handle the slow days vs the busy days so we're not paying out needless salaries on days that extra techs are not needed have all been discussed at length among management and planned for.

The same goes for marketing. You have to have a clear plan to make the most of your advertising expenses. Throwing money away on useless ads that have a low ROI or no ROI are more detrimental than not.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I would say that the next thing you need are customers who are prepared to pay you for your service. Have you a plan in place for attracting and selling to potential customers?

5. Kellylunttu

Kellylunttu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think altcom is right and apart from that you need online presence of your website.

6. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use pamphlet and use a medium of newspaper to distribute in your city.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Have you requested a review of your website in the "Website & Graphics Review" section here at BAF? Honestly, it doesn't look like it was designed by a website designer. But, this is the wrong place for website review.

8. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you need clients to get started

When you have clients automatically all other small things start getting the shape even if they are not ready.

Plan to keep each and every client satisfied. Keep it as ur motto.

Start advertising your website locally using newspaper, local pamphlets etc.

Than you can also try to advertise on Google with Google adwords once u have good amount of funds

You can try advertising on classifieds and book some clients from there.

To start the business and for starting clients keep prices lower as you want to make the portfolio.

you also need a Google presence.

9. Marketest

Marketest
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to find out as much as you can about your target marketing and begin producing a marketing plan on how to reach them best.

10. Rachel S

Rachel S
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The most important thing people need when starting a business is working capital. Potential business owners can use their savings, borrow from a bank or raise money through private investors with a limited liability corporation. Forming an LLC is advantageous because it limits the owner's losses to what she invests. She can protect additional assets, including her home, should the business fail. There are also other major considerations when starting a business.

Identification
    Most business owners will need a doing business as and a vendor's license, according to business.gov. Name your business then apply for an application through your local county administration office.

Features
    Create a business plan before opening your business. Your business plan should include information about key competitors, the industry and your proposed operating procedures for the business.

Types of Equipment
    You will need equipment before opening your door for business. For example, if you run a small restaurant, you will need light fixtures, counters, shelving units, cookware, drink dispensers, utensils, cash registers, computers and cash register printers, and tables.

Function
    You will likely need employees to perform certain tasks and projects. You do not always need to hire full-time employees, according to Entrepreneur website. Some options include hiring part-time workers or independent contractors.

Considerations
    Retailers, including mail order and Internet firms, will likely need a wholesale supplier from which to purchase their goods. Check with the National Association of Wholesalers-Distributors. This organization can recommend potential wholesalers.

Hope this might help you :)

Rachel !!!

11. Giles Parker

Giles Parker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need a men power who had a good technical knowledge, Cash flow and good clients for your good business deals.