Buisness Ideas

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by Elvenlight, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Elvenlight

Elvenlight
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey, im an Australian that lives in the country town of Nyngan.
    I have:
    around 3 acres in town
    Machinary shed with tools / workshop
    2 forklifts
    Loading ramp
    the town has frequent couriers comming through. .
    Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on where i can get started

2. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Elvenlight,

Welcome to Business Advice Forum, Thanks for posting your question here.

Can you please tell us a specific thing on which you need advice? Or can tell us what are your planning so that we can help you in getting started.

Thanks

3. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Heya Australian, do you see many kangaroos? :eek:

Anyway, can you set up a delivery service? offering to deliver products to everyone door to door and business to business with ease. If you get a BIG business client on board then you can easily reap the benifits and profit as they always would like products to their customers delivered on time.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Elvenlight and thanks for asking your business questions.

What type of tools do you have? Are you considering setting up some type of engineering business?

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way to decide what kind of business you can run, first ask yourself what kind of product/service that you are facing problem on finding it before. It means that the other citizen might need to same product and they might facing the same problem. So, you can consider to make this as your business.

6. Elvenlight

Elvenlight
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They're all great ideas. My town has two mines just outside... I was thinking somewhere along the lines of a Depot point for couriers.... although larsens seems pretty active with that, another idea was to set up a native tree farm ... seeming how rudds doing all the green "stuff" for our country...the mine buys ridiculous amounts of trees to plant on the unwanted clear land they have.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Elvenlight, I'd suggest that you run your ideas by your potential customers. For example you might talk to the mine owners or management and ask them if they might be interested in buying trees from you and try to get an idea as to how much they would pay for them. You could also contact the courier companies and ask them if they would benefit from services in your area.

You could get valuable information from a quick chat with these people. This would give you a better understanding of their business needs and whether or not you could get customers for your new business.

Please post back with your thoughts.

8. Elvenlight

Elvenlight
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re:

Yes, thank you ill get right onto that ill update when i can.

Regards...

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for posting back Elvenlight and I look forward to hearing how it works out for you. Please let us know if you have any further business questions, in the meantime.

10. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Elvenlight,
    Have you ever thought of renting/ leasing your premises to some sort of manufacturing outfit? There could be a lot of companies looking for a workshop including mechanics, carpenters, engineers and so forth. This would leave less work for you. It depends on wheather you like to work or rather use your skills and talents elsewhere. Just an idea :)