Building my website

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Aun, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Aun

Aun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good day readers,

My website is under construction and it is for my export business purpose. I have planned to have below some tabs: are they enough?

Home Product Range Certification contact us

My products relate to textile and leather industry. I am thinking not to show prices of the products on my sites but to encourage the buyer to mail me and get a quote for his/her choice. Need to get a bulk order(s).

Secondly I have seen on many sites " you can find us on: facebook, rss, twiiter" what is that for. Does it help a business in any concern and openly first concern means "more buyer" and others come later.

Closing on a stress that a business needs this system to work having a good website specially when you are in an international arena.

Need your suggestions.

Regards

#1 Aun, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

some users might be just like me and tend to browse another site where they could find the product prices.
    i myself wanna know the prices of the products right where the items are. it might just be helpful if you add a downloadable pdf file for the list of product prices.

3. Aun

Aun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ok I will consider it

4. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You fix yourself to the number of tab, only create those tab according your need, some of the website only 1 or 2 tab. Facebook, RSS and twitter sure can help to improve your business traffic.

Simple calculation, if have single site you can only capture single site traffic. If you have 3 -4 site promote your product, you have more place to attract your visitors.

5. Aun

Aun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Right Patric0001

6. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recommend you look around at some competitor sites to get a feel of what works. If you have the budget hire a professional marketing company to help plan your site strategy that best suits your business goals.

7. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is an invitation to connect with customers on Social media sites. It definitely has the potential to bring in more customers if utilized properly, as it has many valuable angles to it. Aside from the fact that today just about everyone is connecting via social media so it gives you an opportunity to connect with so many people, it also gives your business a platform, and it builds trust in customers that they can reach out to you, and know that they will get a response.

8. zaccolbert

zaccolbert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd also optimise your website for the search engines while you build it, it'll save you time and money later on, get your keywords in the page title and the meta descriptions so it's visible to Google's spiders, then you won't have to pay silly money to an SEO agency to optimise it post-build