Building my website

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by RestOwner, Nov 29, 2010.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am planning to start a website of my own and wants to know what application or software should I use to make my website?

2. darrell

darrell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sitebuild can help you build a Website and supply Traffic Software for less than $1/day.

#2 darrell, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2010
  3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is it a site or a blog?
    You can use either Blogger or Wordpress to create a blog. There are lots of available free themes/templates across the internet. You can use one and just customize it based on your liking. Then, you can use Photoshop or GIMP to create logos and banner/header for your site.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. thpalex

thpalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you build web site using Wordpress then it is awesome, you would get many flexibilities how to manage your website and content related solution also.

Finally for making money, Wordpress is awesome.

6. atuljain7

atuljain7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The reply to this question really depends upon if you know designing and programming or not. Assuming that you do not know it, I would suggest you to use a state of the art website builder like the one I use for my sites at Cybez

This builder offers unique templates which are not available anywhere, extremely user friendly admin interface for a novice to build and host the site, allows you to integrate your facebook and twitter feeds with a click of a button, allows PayPal integration, and much more. Above all, it offers you a 30 days money back guarantee.

I have used it for many sites.. and suggest you to try it.

7. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This sounds great but the thought of paying a something is not my kind of thing...

8. abi5684

abi5684
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Then I think you can try Congrete 5 CMS which will be more easy to build and use too. If not go for wordpress which will give you excellent flexibility in regards of all functionality you wanted in your site.

9. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think so some software can automatically make a website for you...

Websites can only be made by some developing languages or you can use the themes of wordpress, joomla etc but they are more suitable for blogs

10. habeebraja

habeebraja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many type of CMS to devlop the website.You can use Joomla,Drupal,Magento,Worpress for creating your website.This are very user friendly and very easy for a beginner to use.

11. abi5684

abi5684
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes habeebraja is rite... Mainly Wordpress is very very easy for begineer level to use...

12. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes it depends on what you want to create. some hosting websites provide customized layouts too for you to use and it comes with the hosting plan

13. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

14. Robbie Gee

Robbie Gee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are looking to make money online then all you really need is a 1 page website or a "squeeze page"
    All you need is a litle basic HTML and FTP knowledge and an Autoresponder and your good to go!!
    -Robbie

15. Isaias

Isaias
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Currently I'm hosting my sites for free, from 000webhost...
    They provide you free web builders..
    and its easy to use, and good for the beginners..
    However Dreamweaver is the best in my Opinion..

16. Rasha

Rasha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can create your site with google sites http://sites.google.com
    I don't know anything about programing , but I made a site with google sites and it's very nice.
    You just need to learn some simple steps then you will be able to build your site for free and you get also free hosting.

17. cbss

cbss
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To develop a website you should go with HTML, PHP or Wordpress, all these are open source and easy to learn. If you want to learn these platform w3schools is the best portal for this...

18. FreelanceDesignz

FreelanceDesignz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you do not have prior experience in web development, I would suggest hiring a professional web designer that knows what he/she is doing and can design your website for you and also show you how to use it. I've heard allot of horror stories from clients that previously tried to design their own website or hire a student or intern to design their website.

If you are not interested in hiring someone you can also check out website builders such as intuit.com 1and1.com and godaddy.com - all provide simple to use and effective self design and hosting programs :)

19. GlobalConsult

GlobalConsult
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are tons of FREE tools on the Web to build a very nice and practical Web site, blog, etc. Internet presence. I would classify the tools in two categories:
    1) Tools to build the site
    a) Get yourself a domain name, register it
    b) Get a Web hosting service -- I use HostGator.com --> previously I used Yahoo Small Business Services
    c) Make sure you review what software is offered by the hosting company -- you want to make sure you have access to Wordpress (as previously stated in earlier responses), PHP, PERL, Content management software -- like Drupal, MySQL.... All these tools will be very useful throughout the life of the Site.

2) Then you need to activate the domain (pay for your domain name) and turn on the hosting service

3) Then install WordPress on your site hosting directory --> and now the fun starts: select templates etc. (follow the Wordpress excellent documentation and examples)

4) Then you need to register with Google Analytics --> WHY??? BECAUSE YOU WANT TO KNOW your customers, audience, etc. WHO IS COMING TO YOUR SITE
    Google Analytics and Google Webmaster tools offer GREAT capabilities to track site usage information.

Well -- this was the 10foot level overview. Hopefully it will be of service. If you have questions -- please ask for a follow up.

20. accreu

accreu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

IMHO,

You can get away with just using photoshop and notepad++.
    Experience helps.

Kind Regards,
    Team at ACCREU Inc.