Building backlinks for site or page?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by vantan94, Jan 21, 2016.

1. vantan94

vantan94
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am confused about building backlinks to my site. If I build links to my blog through forums and commenting does it help other pages in my blog to rank? or should I build links to the certain page which I want them to rank?

Thanks!
    Vantan94

2. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should do what is real. That means, if there is something very relevant on a given page that you want to share, you should link to that page. People who share your page would do the same. Social media activity surrounding a page can help boost its visibility both on the social media site and in search engine rankings.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Forums and commenting are no longer considered quality links for SEO purposes. As Denise suggested, sharing on social media is more effective in increasing the visibility of the page, and you can increase links to the relevant page as people share it. Networking sites are also helpful, as are social bookmarking sites. It is no longer acceptable to build links anywhere just to increase your ranking. Although links are still important, your priority should be on sharing your knowledge with your desired audience. If they like what they see, they will share it with others

• Like Like x 4
  4. stevepalladous

stevepalladous
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

As @Joseph.Shivell says anything that smells like just manually sticking your link up all over the place is no longer a good idea, and in the event they are dofollow links could result in a penalty at some point from the big G.

Google wants to rank the best sites, for the queries their users are searching for. So the same principle really applies to linkbuilding - you want to be making content so good that it's better in some way than what's already out there (prettier, longer, easier to read, more informative) so there's a REASON for people to link to it. Then get out there and promote it on social, share it with influencers (e-mail/social) let people who share similar content know about it and so on. With a lot of hustle and some great content that actually serves an informational need that your audience has you can get the kind of high quality, natural links that you really need to be successful.

5. Andy007

Andy007
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is it really true that forum and blog commenting backlinks not considered in SEO?

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Absolutely. Some people recommend links in a forum signature (I even included one in mine) to increase traffic, but I haven't had much luck with it. Now, it's more important to reach out to your potential visitors with articles and sharing blog posts on social media, in networking sites like LinkedIn, and on quality social bookmarking sites.

7. muqtada123

muqtada123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I m really don't agree with you, i m using blog and forum commenting and it helps me a lot in improving ranking, you just need to know the way of using the keywords and it's density.

8. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Okay let's say you build high quality links to your website (not from forum/blog comments you mentioned). It will depend on how your website is structured and optimized for a certain purpose. If you are not familiar with Silo site structure, go review that one.

You can control the flow of the link value that comes from the homepage down to your inner pages through proper silo structure. From Home>Category>sub-category>content and back again. This allows the other page to rank for certain keywords without building links to them (of course, it's still ideal to build links to your inner pages) provided that you implement proper on page seo.

9. Asher ross

Asher ross
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

With the advent of penalties that are imposed by the search engines on the websites that used to extensively build links just for the sake of ranking well in SERPs does not give much SEO value. If you want to get backlinks and rank your page, then the content of the page that you wish to rank must be highly relevant, enlight the customers with knowledge and engage the target audience.

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You may have some forum and blog comments, but you are correct about the density. Most of your links should come from the previously mentioned sources, as they are a more reliable indication of the authority of your site.

11. justin Urbas

justin Urbas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, as far as driving traffic is concerned Forums and blog commenting are not that helpful yet one can create a trust and reputation of ones business using this by joining relevant forums and blogs and providing useful comments.

12. newbee

newbee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Building links is good. But you need to take care of the good and bad links as too many links can cause Google Penalty. Content is King. So rather you can focus on putting quality content instead. Forum and blog comments are helpful but not necessarily they bring traffic.

13. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Building links through commenting is not the optimal deal. If you indulge in more comment posting only you may end up in getting few deals. So you need to create your business profile in various social media sites and then keep on sharing the related and unique posts that are informative and how your business helps or useful for customers. You need to develop a large network before sharing the posts, so take social media posting as the serious thing.

14. geeksremote24-7

geeksremote24-7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do question answers, Blog posting t get quality backlinks.
    Use social media sites like Facebook,Twitter to promote your business.Create quality blogs related to your website and promote it on social sites to get website promotion.

15. Stephen D. Gardner

Stephen D. Gardner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes i am agree with geeksremote24-7 it is really best way to promote any website and business.