Building a Powerful Network

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Trep117, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Trep117

Trep117
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello all,

My business is starting to get more and more broker deals in for consumer electronics and there is some money to be made. However, I dont have a very powerful network currently. I know that I need 2 main relationships. Sellers, and buyers.

Could some of you share some ways you have become successful by just building your network and business relationships?

Thanks so much in advance.

2. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I don't think that there is a quick way. I've built my network over 35 years in the business. I work with business brokers and real estate brokers and they are constantly working to build their networks.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd suggest the following;

• Join a local business network, perhaps a Chamber of Commerce or BNI group
    • Join an industry association, perhaps you can find one for businesses in the consumer electronics industry
    • Attend trade shows and other industry events
    • Use social networking sites such as LinkedIn and Twitter to connect online, with other people in your industry
    • Start a blog or forum related to your industry.

Obviously all of the above will only yield results if you make an effort to get involved and talk to people in your industry. When you meet someone try to think of a way you can help them, even if it is only a small favour.

Does that help?

• Like Like x 2
  4. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is one of the easier gateway to build relationship, when the number of fans and follower grow up, you can conduct a campaign to meet up.

http://www.meetup.com/ - I like this site, it encourage face to face interaction.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Trep117

Trep117
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, This does help alot! I appreciate it. Now its time to get to work!

This is a cool website. I will be digging in.