Building a List

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by RestOwner, Jun 26, 2010.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Where can I find advice or some tips on how to build a quick and big list of contacts for promotion?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What type of promotion do you want to build a list for RestOwner?

One of the most common methods is by giving away a free offer related to your promotion. For example, someone promoting a course in SEO might offer a free e-book on how to promote your website. To get the free ebook, visitors must enter their email address to have it emailed to them. In this way, the person promoting the course builds up an email list of people who are interested in promoting their website and hence good leads for a promotion offering to sell an SEO course.

John Chow explains the concept very well in this blog post - How To Really Make Money with Clickbank.

3. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the info Fergal, and the link to the article looks very interesting to read, and it's very long so I will take the time to read it in a bit. I want to build a list for the blog I plan to create on Blogatize because I may start to write tutorials on how easy it is to create a simple blog for pretty much anything, and how to add things to it such as widgets, html, plugins, affiliate links, images, videos... you name it.

4. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Check out the tips on places like aweber and other email autoresponders. List building is about knowing the market - build a clear picture of them in your head, give him/her a name, occupation, age, martal/familial status, income, style of dress etc (this can prove scarily accurate). Know thei problem. Know what they want (get down under that for the real desire). Determine their biggest block to getting there. The step out the milestones from where they are now to where they are going and answer that for them.

When you have that sorted as a plan. Make them a free offer that is the first biggest block to them starting on their path, promote and offer.

5. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is great, thanks! I had someone already mention to me about Aweber and Autoresponders.