BPO is sure?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by bussinessbrktrgh, Nov 1, 2010.

1. bussinessbrktrgh

bussinessbrktrgh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I’ve got a call a few days ago by a person offering me BPO services for my company. They gave me a lot of explanations and advice, even some resources online, but I still have my doubts. Is business process outsourcing truly a reliable method for cutting costs? I mean, I understand that not having to worry about office rent, services and equipment expenses is a great thing (I can use that money, really), but leaving my business in the hands of people… I don’t know seems quite tricky.
    I’ve been reading a lot of positive and enthusiastic testimonials from managers who are using BPO and I a quite willing to be persuaded it’s a safe choice, but I’d like to know how serious BPO providers about confidentiality, data security and trade secrets are. If you are working in a business process outsourcing company or are using BPO services for some time, please give me some insights as to these issues. Thank you!

2. DamienGreen

DamienGreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I would start by contacting this person, and really talk to them, also try and do your research best you can, there are many BPO providers, so find one, and talk to them. It is best to ask exactly what you want to know, but don't let them distract you by trying to change the subject in areas they may not want to talk about.

As for leaving your business in the hands of people you don't know, you need to check the company's reputation, how long they have been running and if at all possible find someone who used their services and have a talk with them, as they use them, they will have experience and would give you a realistic view.

So if possible ask to talk to a representative about all the worry's you have before making anything final.

Thanks, Damien.

3. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In the UK the market was worth in excess of $12bn in 2009 so I'm sure there are plenty of companies out there who think that it works.

The key to it is research and communication, getting to know the companies that you would consider dealing with. You need a partner that wants to help take your company the same direction as you do.

I'm not sure cost should be your overriding factor, quality processes and room for future growth are more important and need to be factored in to any decision.

You could do worse than taking a look at CAPITA in the UK (not to use, but to get a sense of how a publically traded company deals with things).

Edit: I wrote all this and then noticed your other thread talking about how great BPO, so I assume you are something to do with a BPO company and will soon come back to advertise... :-(

#3 seanstevens, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may wish to contact one of our members called RemoteStaff, bussinessbrktrgh. His business is related to supplying outsourced staff and I'm sure he'd be happy to help answer your questions. I've never used any outsourced services myself so that's the best help I can give you.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Remotestaff haven't been online since Fri 3rd Sep 2010 01:20 PM. You might want to contact him via email or via his sites listed on his signature. :)

6. Dayanan

Dayanan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First what services do you think you could to outsource?
    What are the advantages per service outsourced? cost, time, infrastructure other advantages 24 hour support etc...
    Cost and time to train remote staff?

Many large corporations outsource many things, you have to do a feasibility study.