Bouncing Back

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by jnjsarauer, Nov 20, 2007.

1. jnjsarauer

jnjsarauer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am a positive, goal-oriented person who generally stays on track with my business plan and personal goals. Still, there are times when things go wrong -- a client doesn't pay, an order gets cancelled, etc. Sometimes these setbacks derail me for longer than they should and I lose my positive focus. Do you have any tips for bouncing back mentally from a setback?

2. Gsv13

Gsv13
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Read the blog of some of the biggest money makers ...... helps a lot.
    Next is nothing to do with business but still i'll advise ............
    try some meditation will definitely help you in long term.

3. ulrike

ulrike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to remember that that is business, things like that will happen. There is downfall and there is time when you will rise to the top. All this experience will make us a better person in term of business and life. Keep that in mind!

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Unfortunately set backs are a part of business and life in general. They make the good times and successes more enjoyable. Knocks toughen us up and provide us with the opportunity to learn how to get back on our feet again. However, these positive aspects are often difficult to focus on and accept when we do experience set backs.

Personally I've a very simple approach to dealing with set backs. I endeavour to make the best of the situation by minimising my losses or even look to see if there is anyway that I can turn the negative events to my advantage. If this doesn't work I remind myself that I've had better times in the past, I've also had worse things happen in the past and that I can look forward to good times in the future. I also remind myself that in the overall scheme of things I'm actually very lucky and that there are many, many people throughout the world who are significantly worse off than me.

It's not always easy but these things challenge us and add to the variety and spice of life.

5. whitemusk

whitemusk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very informative advice from administrator. Business is the most challenge job in the world. Businnes without risk it seem like weird things. One thing we can learn, failure is the opportunity to get better. Without fall down, no experience we can get.

6. exinRex

exinRex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it's true in business we can experience of down fall but through it we learn lots of things and from it we discover to be more successful in our business. One more thing failures add spice to our life the more spice the better challenges in life :D

7. Notorious

Notorious
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You got to realize that, what you're experiencing right now...all these troubles and such. That's hard-work and business. Life doesn't come easy, and you got to work hard for what you want to obtain throughout your lifetime. You can't just backdown from this because your getting a bit sidetracked because of careless moves from your costumers, try to always stay calm, take a couple of breathes and politely communicate with any mishap departments.

8. descorpio

descorpio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a very valid question asked. Most of us face the similar situation. Even i had times where i lost many of my contracts worth so many $$$. Obviously i had supportive mom who encouraged me all the times. And even i did not want it to be too serious. As if i am going to lose this today, obviously i will regain it in the next week or month. Always one door will be opened. It is our duty to find that without getting saturated. Patience is the key to success.

9. sridatta

sridatta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I love the way Fergal said... Even i would think in the same way in most of my cases.. When i prepared well for the exams and still got low marks, i would think, there are many ppl who are still lagging behind me..

Believe it or not, FATE ALWAYS MATTER. FATE DECIDES LUCK. LUCK DECIDES SUCCESS.

1. A man is born handicapped... Is it because of his own fault?
    2. A person loved a girl more than anything in the world.. and they got married, the next day she met with an accident and died..

Business is no exception...

10. Royer

Royer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well first of all you should always have a plan B in your mind like when you get a customer, make a plan B that what will happen if he doesn't pay or something so you don't get in loss when he doesn't pay but you will be in profit when he does.

11. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I fail or have a set back in my life then I remember Abrahim Lincoln. I o time you will feel energised if you know his life and the way he struggled to become Americas president. Just a matter of fact to tell you, do you know that Abrahim Lincoln lost his first election at age of 21 very very badly. Then he again stood for election when he was 26, he lost. I dont remember exaclt but he again stood for election when he was 31 or something and again he lost. He also had some emotional setbacks during this period. But finally when he was 36 or something he got won the most toughest election in America. Learn from your downfalls.