Bounce rate

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bretttina, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bretttina

bretttina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you take notice of your bounce rate on your sites?

I have recently been reading a lot about bounce rates and how this effects your google rankings,

I have set my Analytics code to have visitors counted on my site set at 15 seconds

If you would like to know more just ask back here.

2. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

higher bounce rate mean user just coming and closing the site with out spending time there. So as much less bounce rate as much better.

3. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

More content and interesting ones are the way to avoid Bounce rate. How do you avoid bounce rates brettina?

4. bretttina

bretttina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't avoid bounce rate i just have it adjusted.
    I use a small piece of code that tells Google that visitors are using the site better,
    Where you have added your google Analytics code to your site simply make a small tweek to the code like this :

<script>
    (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
    (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
    m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
    })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-XXXXXXXX-1', 'yourdomain.com');
    ga('send', 'pageview');
    setTimeout("ga('send', 'event', 'read', '15 seconds')",15000);

</script>

This is exactly what big G wants you to do! read this http://analytics.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/tracking-adjusted-bounce-rate-in-google.html

After using this code my bounce rate dropped from 80% to 30%

Hope this helps :)

5. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The report may looks nice, but how much the code can help for ranking? Google did not take analytics bounce rate as ranking metrics, but they track how long a visitors stay on a query result. If the same visitor keep return to Google for new result, then it tell Google the result is not relevant.

6. Priyanka Sharma

Priyanka Sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your website bounce rate is more then 50% then its not good for your website health so make sure to decrease your bounce rate less then 50%. Its depend on user behavior that how many time they spend on your website. Website designing is plays very important role to attract the user and website navigation is also good

7. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Adding a Google Analytical code dropped your bounce rate? That's interesting.

8. bretttina

bretttina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is not so much the actual Analytics code that has reduced the bounce rate it is more the single little snippet of code that has been added to the code,

This bit : setTimeout("ga('send', 'event', 'read', '15 seconds')",15000);

9. EUWindowsHost

EUWindowsHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of course we need to analysis our bounce rate. If you bounce rate score more than 70%, I believe your keyword is not targeted well.

10. loadmate7

loadmate7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The definition of bounce rate is the percentage of people who arrive on your site and leave without visiting a second page. More importantly, Bounce Rate was designed to tell you if you have the right audience coming to your pages and if you are meeting their expectations.

11. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bounce Rate is the percentage of visitors that hit your website on a given page and don’t visit any other pages on your site.High bounce rate in itself doesn't mean it is a bad site. I would think google looks to see if you continue your search, going back to the google search results and looking at more sites.I really doubt that bounce rate make a different on SERP.

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

According to the Google Webmaster Central Blog, you should be tracking "bounce rate", to identify underperforming areas of your site. If people are continuously coming to your site, and immediately going away, either you are not giving them a reason to stay, or you don't actually have what they are searching for. You can then check to see if the content of your site matches the keywords you are pursuing, and perhaps change to more appropriate keywords.

13. Aptassist

Aptassist
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bounce rate defines the how long the visitor stayed on your website, if a user just opens and closes it immediately then the bounce rate will be more.

14. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bounce rate is the number of one page visits versus two or more page visits to your website. if you check the bounce rate for your landing pages, the average time visited in the number of pages visited on average will correct itself.

15. jamesemma4545

jamesemma4545
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bounce rate means the percentage of visitors to your site who only visit one page on your site then leave the site.The average for most sites is between 40% and 60% according to Google. By keeping the bounce rate lower the potential customers or subscribers will be sticking around on your site.

16. Azzi87

Azzi87
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the SEO always have a track of their site bounce rate. Bounce rate indicate how many visitor on our site move without waiting for more than a sec. For reducing bounce rate you have place unique and interesting content on your site and try to inter link the keyword with other page so that he could manage to click the keyword for his better use.

17. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Asad! I disagree with you. If a visitor comes to your site and remains on the same page without clicking to go to another page will also be counted as bounce. Time really doesn't matter. There is no association with the time on page with bounce rate.

18. tylerjackson81

tylerjackson81
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bounce rate is very important, the less the bounce rate the better your site traffic will be.

• Like Like x 1
  19. angela.naethon

angela.naethon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your website have a unique content. it will have low bounce rate which is good for your website. its mean your content attract users to read it from top to bottom.

20. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bounce rate is very effective; Specifically the Bounce Rate Metric in Google Analytics is the percentage of single-page visits to total visits of a certain Dimension. For example, say you are looking at your Organic Traffic and sort by search engine. You follow the row across and see that Bing is delivering a 75% Bounce Rate. This means that 75% of the visitors coming from Bing to your website during the date range you have selected are visiting one page and leaving your site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.