Bounce Rate Has Been Increased

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by smartkathy, Mar 16, 2013.

1. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi I guess I will find my answer here. My website is a UK based web design website. Day by day its ranking has been decreasing as well as bounce rate has been increasing. Can anyone please reply me and ready to help me? Thanks in advance.

2. fami

fami
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to analyse your website in Google analytics and see if you have got any message from webmaster. Might be your sight penalized by Google due to low quality or over optimization. Did your site effected by Panda. Check your brand keywords, if they ares table in ranking or dropped. After then you make a better decision.
    Some thing that you can do to bring more traffic and to reduce bounce rate is fresh content plus social sharing. Allow your readers to share your site content on Facebook, twitter and Google +. Hire some SEO to optimize your site well. Update your site content on daily basis and share on social media sites.

Thank you

3. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The solution to your problem is in your question only. You said the bounce rate is increasing and the rankings are going down. This is the main reason. You should find out ways to decrease your bounce rate. You can read here. The main reason your bounce rate is increasing might be because you don't have new and good content on the site which makes visitors stay. How is your site speed? You can work on these things and see.

• Like Like x 1
  4. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Panda or other algorithm has nothing do with bounce rate!! Google did not take analytics as a metric to judge a site. Bounce increase means, the content is not relevant to user, or it could be due a website have a bad layout design.

5. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with altcom. The only thing is to work on your contents. Make your site a little bit attractive.

6. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your kind answers. But I did everything and still there is no effect. Please visit my website and reply again. Here is my website: http://www.zealousweb.co.uk

Thanks in advance and best regards

7. lyndawass

lyndawass
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think bounce rate is the negative thing for any site in to various search engines. So that to improve our sites ranking first of all we have to decrease our site bounce rate by following this tips:

- Decrease your site loading time
    - Make Attractive Design of your site landing pages
    - Add unique and quality content in your site
    - Create informative title for your site's particular pages but must be related to content.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Lyndawasss has given you some things to look at, although the site loaded very quickly for me. Your titles do need some work, using the phrases you want to be ranked for. As far as the bounce rate from the visitors point of view, making an attractive design, that in your case also looks professional, is a good start. You might want to try a darker background instead of the light gray. Also, unique and quality content will give your visitors a reason to stay. Right now, your home page looks busy, with a lot of different information. Examples from your portfolio, client testimonials, video testimonials and your blog, with only a few short paragraphs about the company and the services you provide. I also noticed some grammar errors that could be turning visitors off, if they are staying long enough to read it. Finally, I'm not comfortable with the headline "Design Your Success by Professional Website Design Company in UK" - it doesn't sound professional, and should probably be re-phrased.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Andhara Angels

Andhara Angels
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes Sure :) ...
    Checked out your website and Answer from joeroxx better Defined it , So be pure to improve what joeroxx Suggested ...
    More over As Competition in Industry of web design and development is too complex So you need to work with Off-techniques in proper Way to improve or even stay with same positions ..
    I am Totally Impressed with A thread http://www.businessadviceforum.com/...le-Penguin-update-effect-in-SEO-Link-building Discussed on Forum that cover's every aspect of "how you can improve rank for your website" , in broad words ....
    Content Sharing Techniques are most suggested in top SEO or Link building techniques of 2013 Read With A Tread Comes in top Searches http://www.affilorama.com/forum/seo/what-are-best-seo-techniques-of-2013-t17968.html
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  10. rises5544

rises5544
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try to engage audience with some informative or attractice post for increasing bounce rate, mostly people add latest news about their niche for lower their bounce rate.

11. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you say web design website, you mean designer's page with your portfolio?
    if so then bounce rate might not be the thing you'd expect to be great. but if you offer free downloadable templates and themes of wordpress and other CMSes, you gotta interlink pages to have significant amount.

12. TT Annoy Me

TT Annoy Me
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sounds as though you may have some incoming links from less than reputable websites. You can check these via Majestic SEO.

The bad link juice can decrease your sites ranking, as well as attracting traffic that may not be interested in your product and so the bounce rate is increasing.

13. ramiszaro

ramiszaro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

just start analyzing your website because getting a backlinks from irrelevant website may cause your site just use disavow link from webmaster tools to check the Nofollow links.

14. jeniffer

jeniffer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should check your webmaster tool for your website. Remove low quality back links. Update your contents specially where bounce rate is increasing.

15. Sam Him

Sam Him
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Overall Your Website need to be Redesigned As Not Creative and Full-fill on page Factor's as Like Competitors Websites , that you can Also notice by Searching for Some Relevant Query Results ...

Thanks For Share ...
    To Beat Competitors you have to work with more quality ...Also Use the Power of Social Network Sites that helps you With both In improving Alexa (Alexa is Metric that analyse visitors record comes from an alexa enabled browser) As Well Ranking , Some best Sites are Facebook , G+ , Twitter , StumbleUpon , Pinterest etc ...
    Yes After Many updates From Search Engine Its Very Difficult for Website to place their mark in top visibility , Even difficult to be Stable their ranking , Sort of bad back-links for your website may Ruins your search visibility ...
    Exactly , Its Bad and bad practices to target irrelevant Audience with Irrelevant Work ... Its important To Design Landing pages properly With aim to Satisfying visitors for Which you Designed and promoting It ..

16. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you so much dear. I have made a file as per your instruction and will change all the flaws ASAP.

17. rises5544

rises5544
    uix_expand uix_collapse

there are multiple cause of bounce rate increasing significantly, either your site isn't attract visitors, or your didn't get much traffic from google search result.