Bought a MMA gym, unexpected expenses are too much!!!

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by mmagym, May 1, 2014.

1. mmagym

mmagym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, I recently purchased an MMA gym, it's a long story but in a nutshell, I bought the equipment as a bill of sale and I didn't buy the business, I made my own LLC with the equipment. I took that equipment to a new location. The last thing to bring over from the old gym is a big expensive sign attached to the building. Before removing the sign I called the city to tell them about it and they said that they owned the big sign (worth 12k) because the guy i bought it from owed back pay on the lease. So now I need to hire a lawyer, I need to possibly buy a new sign, one of my fighters put a crack in a large business window that the landlord says has to be fixed ($700) and we have way less memberships then we anticipated for the first month.Along with some personal expenses (roommates moving out costs me 1,200 bucks this month). This has been a very expensive process and I flat out can't afford a lawyer and a new sign. What should i focus on to fix this situation? Focus on getting more members, or focus on earning income from other sources, or just not fix the window and not have a sign for my business!? ANY advice is much appreciated. Also I did have more money saved for the business but moving and start up expenses were much more than anticipated.