Bought a domain, but where to go next?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by thatwebguy, Oct 26, 2012.

1. thatwebguy

thatwebguy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good evening, chaps. I purchased a domain from google sites. Now, what I'd like to do is to find a website builder where I can combine my domain name with the created website at no additional cost. I don't know where to look and google search makes it a lot harder to find what I am looking for. I'm trying to make a website were visitors can register and start posting on my blogs.

Your replies and comments are greatly appreciated.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Why would you want to create a separate website for people to register and post on your blogs? Why can't they just do that on the blogs?

As far as combining the domain name with the created website, who created the website? Who would be hosting it? When the website is uploaded to the hosting provider's server, wouldn't they make sure the domain is attached to it?

3. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your next step is to find a Web host and create an account with the domain you purchased. Most hosts offer some sort of site builder. They should have demos on their site. Play around with the different offerings to see what works for you best. Most hosts also offer some kind of script installer that makes it easy to install CMS, blogs or a myriad of other scripts.

Once you have the hosting in place you can start building the site and/or blog and go from there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say that Wordpress is ideally suited to this, as said above a lot of webhosts have automatic installers for this as well.

5. willmfftt

willmfftt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am actually starting a site now for setting up wordpress for other people and for a short time I am doing it for free for only 5 people. PM me more info about what you want out of the site. Maybe you could be the receiver of 1 of the 5 free services I am giving out

6. Feroz

Feroz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just answered a similar question so I'll repeat the relevant parts here:

As for how to start your website, it's not difficult but there are a few important steps to follow. There are tons of good tutorials out there on how to accomplish what you want. Start off here to get an idea of what's involved:

http://build-website.com/

If you've only got the idea for the site but you don't feel you're technically qualified to create and run the site yourself, then you'd want to hire someone to do it for you. You could start looking somewhere like this:

http://www.guru.com/category.cfm?cid=102&tc=23000&kw=website designers

Good luck and I hope you make a million bucks!!