Boost your on-page SEO with these 3 blog optimization tips

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by melanie89, Sep 23, 2011.

1. melanie89

uix_expand uix_collapse

Sep 19, 2011
    When it comes to blog optimization, the first thing you can do to boost your on-page SEO is create one page or post on your blog for every keyword you want to target.

Keywords drive search engine results and to take advantage of their power in order to drive free traffic to your site, you need to create a dedicated page or post on your blog for each and every keyword you want to target.

Let’s say you’re building a site about improving your golf swing and 3 of the keywords you’re targeting with your blog are: slow motion golf swing video, slow motion golf swing, and golf swing in slow motion.

Instead of creating one post that would try to rank for all 3 of these keywords, you need to create separate posts for each keyword to ensure they’re included both within the content of the page itself and the links pointing back to it.

That’s not to say you should write your article solely for the keywords you want to target, you still need to create content that is easy to read and understandable.

In fact, you can test the readability of your pages using a Readability Tester to see how difficult or easy your page is to read.

Since you want your content to be read by as many people as possible, you’ll want a Gunning-Fog Index below 10 and a Flesch-Kincaid Grade below 6 to be sure most visitors can read your page without having a hard time.

Another important thing to remember with respect to the keywords you target is they should always be surrounded by other keywords that are relevant to them.

Going back to the “improve golf swing” example from earlier, your post targeting the “slow motion golf swing video” keyword would also include other relevant keywords like “slow motion golf swing”, “golf swing in slow motion”, “slow motion golf swing analysis” and “perfect golf swing slow motion”.

Although you want to use a variety of relevant keywords throughout the content you post, you have to be careful about going overboard with them because the search engines will think you’re trying to stuff keywords and will penalize you for it.

This is especially true since each relevant keyword should like to another page on your site targeting that specific keyword.

For example, the mention of the keyword “slow motion golf swing analysis” on your page targeting “slow motion golf swing video” would link to the page on your blog targeting the “slow motion golf swing analysis” keyword.

Since the search engines look at the keywords used in the links pointing to your pages, you’ll gain valuable on-page SEO points by interlinking your internal pages this way.

Speaking of which…

When you want to boost your on-page SEO as high as possible, the last step in blog optimization is where you place your keywords within your content.

It’s not enough to simply include your target keyword within the body of the content you post to your blog, you need to put it in your title tag, keyword tags, and meta description too.

… and thanks to a cool little WordPress plugin called SEOPressor, you can manage all of your on-page SEO from one central location.

Not only does it help you organize all of your on-page SEO efforts, you can also use it to reveal your on-page SEO scores by analyzing your title, H1, H2, and H3 tags, keyword density, content length, images, links, and even the placement of your keywords.

Since you’re only as good as your metrics, SEOPressor can give you the competitive edge you need to outlast the competition. It’s one of the core tools I use in my business everyday that I just couldn’t live without.

If you’re serious about running a profitable online business, the decision to pick up a copy for yourself is a no-brainer.

Claim Your FREE Blog Making Money
  2. cesspadilla

uix_expand uix_collapse

Sep 8, 2011
    I don't use SEOprofessor. I use All-In-One SEO because it optimizes every single page of your website/blog.
  3. ThirdSEO

uix_expand uix_collapse

Feb 10, 2012
    If you're going to use a SEO plugin with Wordpress you might as well use the one created by Yoast! I personally think it has the most useful features. I used to use All-In-One SEO until I discovered how useful the Yoast SEO tool was.