Books on developing communication,interpersonal, and leadership skills

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Alejandro, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Alejandro

Alejandro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The power of words and language sparked in I the quest to harness its power. Think about it, when was the last time you thought about the words you used in your daily talk?

Words have the power to motivate, inspire, imprison, hurt, and the list goes on. As a college student, I realize more than many of my fellow peers that effective communication will take me further than any other skill developed in college.

A leader cannot be a leader if he does not inspire and motivate his followers through the use of his words. A speaker cannot convey and have an lasting impact on his audience if his words falter to achieve what he/she wants. The power of words is not only developed for work but also for the building of relationships and interpersonal skills.

I want to be able to effectively communicate my ideas and thoughts without impediments. These barriers lead to a halt on what I want to say.

I was thinking, it's not only about the words that one chooses to say. It is how you say it, when you say it, and who you say it.

The power of language is so amazing and yet in this day of age, rapid communication is taking over the effective use of language. I want to change this for myself, I realize more than ever, that the some of the most important skills are not taught in college.

Does anyone have suggestions on developing the use of language effectively in communication? I am looking in the areas of Interpersonal, Communication, and leadership skills.

Please suggest any books that you think fall under these categories. Also, if you have any experiences with developing communication to its fullest, please let me know. I would be intrigued to know how words can change a person, an event, or do do just about anything.

2. Alejandro

Alejandro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would just like to add that my father recently started a business as a salesman for a variety of Chinese products. I am amazed at his ability to charm customers and effectively speak to them. He has inspired me to study business in college. Also, I would love more than anything to help my father out in his business.

3. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not sure about much books for this, although I know you can find some if you search.

To improve in leadership and giving speeches I would suggest practicing a big, strong, and convincing voice. I would also suggest that you expand and improve your vocabulary.