Bookappo Appointment Scheduling. What do you think ?

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by StewardHill, Jul 3, 2012.

1. StewardHill

StewardHill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

So the thing is this - I have been searching for a good appointment scheduling software since I started my business (Hair, Massage, Wellness Center).

About a month ago I have started a free trial of http://www.bookappo.com and begun getting myself familiar with it. Today I decided that this will be the software me and my business need and subscribed for the full version.

This decision made me think about what made me choose it. At the same time an email with their feedback proposition arrived.

My philosophy is - if something works and helps you in doing your thing, help it back.
    My question then is, how do you like their website/product? Anything you would change? Is anything missing? I would like to incorporate your ideas and suggestions in my feedback that I am going to send them back.

From my point of view, the website makes a very good first impression. I like the color scheme a lot. Nice, warm and clear. I have to admit that only the main page made about 90% of my final decision about trying the trial.

Thing I didn't like was the Times New Roman font at some places. Also, links to Twitter and Facebook are the the very bottom end of the website and are hardly visible..I'd put them a little bit higher and make them bigger.

Thank you for the feedback, if you have some.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Overall the website looks very smart and professional Steward. I'm viewing the site using Google Chrome and 1024 x 768 screen resolution and there are a couple of very small issues with it;

• Part of the text extends outside the border, screenshot here.
    • The site doesn't fit horizontally on my screen, I have to use the bottom horizontal scroll bar to view the content on the right of your home page. It's not a big issue, it's just a pet hate of mine :)

Good luck with it.

3. StewardHill

StewardHill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you, Fergal.
    I have recently learnt that the guys behind this application are not English. Maybe it's because I am not English as well, but the texts seem to be very well written. Any ideas there ?

I will add your points to my feedback. I'd really like to help them out so any suggestions are appreciated.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Steward, sorry just to clarify are you looking for feedback on the spelling and grammar of the text on the site?

5. StewardHill

StewardHill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The exact question in the feedback form is following :

Did you notice any grammatical errors or bad sentence structure harming the overall experience ?

I think they are aware of the fact there may be some, given they are not native speakers. That's why they are asking. I have already sent the feedback as I need to work on some other stuff, but this thread may help to some starting businesses with the idea behind a good website.

BTW : The Resolution thing with the text was hotfixed today as I used their online chat to tell them. They really do care...I am amazed.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's great, the site looks much better now.

I read through the home page and the text reads well to me, personally I thought the grammar was fine and did not see any spelling errors. Perhaps some of our other members might notice something I missed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. StewardHill

StewardHill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We just need those members to check this thread.

Thanks for being helpful.

8. heathw12

heathw12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I tried Bookappo for a while along with some others. I eventually switched over to BookMyCity, because I think it's more customer-friendly (easier for existing and new clients to find me). Bookappo was also missing the analytics I was looking for to compare the performance of staff members and to see at a glance which of my services was in more demand/more profitable for us. All depends what you're looking for...