Book: Starting a business for dummies

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by seanstevens, Aug 14, 2009.

1. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I read this book a couple of years ago and strongly recomend it for anyone thinking of starting a new business.

With sections such as: "preparing for business", "doing the groundwork", "preparing a business plan", "marketing your wares", "keeping track of finances" and many more, it is a very useful guide to help you understand if you have what it takes to get your ideas of the ground.

The book was written in simple English and as with all of the other "Dummies" books it is set out in such a way that you do not need to read the book from front to back. You can move between chapters, looking at the areas that interest you.

2. Zicas22

Zicas22
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks i am new at starting bussiness so i think this will help me

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for posting about that book Sean. Would the book be suitable for people starting an online business?

I noticed that the Dummies series also has a book on Starting an Online Business.

4. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both books are worth read. Even if your business is going to be purely online it has some information that may well come in handy in the future, especially if you want to expand, register a company, hire extra people etc.

I've read through the book 3 times now and each time I do, I pick up something I missed the last time. It's great to have it around if only to prompt you into action if you are stalling on something.