Blogspot question

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by warmcomplicated, Dec 2, 2016.

1. warmcomplicated

warmcomplicated
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does blogging in blogspot really make money because I've created my blog site and will allow me 6 months before I can promote money out of it.

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

It depends on what you are blogging. If your posts attract thousands of visitors then you can make some money but it's never going to be enough to pay the bills.

3. The View Abu Dhabi

The View Abu Dhabi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You mean earning money by having adsense on your blog or you want to make your blog an ecommerce platform?

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

It makes no sense for Google to place an ad on a website no one visits. This is why you need to wait 6 months before joining adsense. Your blog needs to develop a following so there will be sufficient visitors to your blog to make advertising worthwhile. And, as fisicx mentioned, you probably won't make enough to pay the bills. If you want to actually make the blog an ecommerce platform, as The View Abu Dhabi suggested, you will also need a following, and will need to market the blog to bring traffic to it.

5. Eleena

Eleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No blog can give you money instantly. You have to work for it. Try to post unique and interesting content to your blog, share them on social media sites and eventually it will get popular. Once the blog will be popular, more and more traffic will come, thus you can earn from that blog by placing the ads.

6. 1minhlakin

1minhlakin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think what he meant was would he be able to get money out of a blog after 6 months working on it. Anyway you have a strong point that there have to be sufficient visitors to make money.
    Personally, I see 2 ways that bloggers make money.
    1. Place an advertisement on the site - you site just needs to get a lot of traffic.
    2. Sell products with your own brand - you need to build a community with your own culture. this way is more difficult

7. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not worth the hassle unless your blog is ranking on serps. I believe if you are serious about business, then go grab a domain and only then blog.