Blogspot or Wordpress for SEO benefit?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Tamsen, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Tamsen

Tamsen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am going to build some blogs for SEO keyword rankings and I chose Blogspot and Wordpress as two main blog platforms to start but I could estimate SEO benefit from them, which one is better for SEO?
    and I should add keyword into sub domain there?
    Please suggest your advice

2. Kgord

Kgord
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that those who are online professionals usually recommend the use of wordpress because users can do so much more with it. It is one of the forums that more peole use. I am not sure if using this platform is easy or hard, but most people seem to be able to use it easily. As for your technical question, maybe someone else can answer.

3. mishraraj2603

mishraraj2603
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    As per my opinion, both blogspot and Wordpress both are the benefits of SEO. But I suggest you to go with WordPress. You can easily extend WordPress to optimize your website for better ranking in search engines.

4. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are having equal capability of passing the benefits. All the thing is depended on the content, how well can you write. The content which you are writing, it should be unique and engaging. The blog post you write must be appreciated by the reader. If you can write the quality content, then you can use both of these to get better ranking

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

As you can see, the consensus seems to be that either one can be used, and both have SEO plugins you can use, although Wordpress is used more often. I think what Smith-K meant to say is that either one can be used(not both), but you must have content that is interesting to the reader. He's right, even the best plugins, or platform, cannot fix a crappy website.
    As far as the 'keyword in domain" question, I really think there are more important things to worry about. Keywords in the domain feels like worrying about minutiae, and is not that important.

6. deannatroupe

deannatroupe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you talking about a self hosted blog or using their free option? The two are definitely NOT the same. It is usually best to use your own hosting. If not, you run the risk of your website getting pulled down based on the whim of Google or WordPress.

7. johnhastings

johnhastings
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both BlogSpot and WordPress are important but, we need to post unique content and give maximum 2 to 3 links and maintain the keyword density 2% to 5%.

8. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

You keep saying this but the whole concept of keyword density has been discredited. You only need one occurrence of a keyword to rank for that keyword. The skill is promoting that keyword using the rest of the on-page and content and inbound linking.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This was also brought up in another thread, and the answer is the same here as it was there. Worrying about things like "keyword in domain" or "keyword density", or even "image density" is getting buried in minutiae. As long as you have a blog that has interesting and informative content, is well-designed, and promote your content using accepted methods, you should get the results you need.

10. Micheal Anderson

Micheal Anderson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both platform are good but according to me Wordpress is best platform. Wordpress have more plugins then blogspot

11. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are looking for a free blog then blogspot would be the better choice simply because it is a google product so it is most likely to get better rankings in google than a wordpress blog but you should do proper SEO in order to get best results for any website/blog

12. cheta

cheta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest you go for WordPress which i am presently using because it has many SEO plugins that are compatible with it that can help your website SEO. i have tried blogspot too , though it is good , WordPress is much better. also WordPress i more customized to make articles rank high in search engine rankings if proper SEO is done.

13. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both of them, are very great for the promotions and SEO. But I would like you to go with the wordpress. There are many reasons to use wordpress I am describing some of them here:

1) It is very cheap or free and you can use large collection of the different themes.
    2) it has large collection of the plug-ins which you can use for the SEO and many different purposes.
    3) It has very easy to use CMS design and it is very user-friendly
    4) You can customize it's themes as your needs. while in blogpst it is not possible.

14. randiv

randiv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use both, because both are important, But I like word-press for blogging point of view.

15. Magento_oCodewire

Magento_oCodewire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WordPress is the better platform for the blogging platform in SEO. With WordPress, you can enhance your platform because it provides the best features and functionality for the SEO. I must say, you just go for the WordPress platform for SEO benefits :)

16. arjupraja10

arjupraja10
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blogspot and Wordpress entrepreneurs are usually using this platform for Web 2.0 so I recommend you to buy a hosting then start.

17. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO benefits don't lie behind whatever platforms. It's all about the content. Though I favor wordpress more because of its efficiency when it comes to optimizing a website. But again, it all comes down on how you drive traffic to that site, and how you can make it rank. Even a website.blogspot.com can outrank a worpdress website if it's being handled by a good webmaster.

For the OP, I would suggest you choose a platform that best suit your technical skills. If you are familiar with php and/or html5/html use wordpress. If you have limited knowledge of both, you can still use Wordpress and rely on the plugins. But should be cautious in doing so because it might slow down the website. Think of which platform will be more efficient.

I use blogspot for my personal blog because it is cost efficient. I only get to pay the domain and nothing more. I use wordpress for my business website because it saves me a lot of time when optimizing the website. SEO wise, I wouldn't mind using both.

• Like Like x 1