Blogging to Bank: The Full Info!

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by adking, Apr 19, 2008.

1. adking

adking
    uix_expand uix_collapse

While I was preparing for my site launch, I’ve gathered some useful tips by asking for advices from fellow bloggers around the web.

1. Press Release - Creating a Press Release can be tricky but do keep one thing in mind, is your article even “newsworthy?” The objective is not to make a Sale or a Marketing Pitch but rather to provide useful information about your product, blog, event or service.

2. Email Marketing – You have to remember that you have a new site and you still have a lot of promoting to do. Why not start it with you contacts? Send an email to everyone on your Contact List informing them of your new project.

3. OnlyWire – Social Bookmarking is one sure way to drive traffic to your site. I suggest you focus on StumbleUpon and Digg, however, there are also tons of social bookmarking sites or services that you can take advantage of. To refrain fro this time consuming strategy, sign up for an account in Only Wire and you get everything done in just one click.

4. Squidoo and HubPages – Creating and Joining Squidoo and HubPages will truly be worthwhile. The pages you create could serve as a gateway for people to reach and visit your site.

5. Blog Catalog, MyBlogLog and Entrecard – these are hot widgets you should not forget to install in your sidebar.

6. Google Analytics – A great tool to analyze how your visitors behave in your site, you should take on of your bouncing rate and popular keywords. Also, this will also help you find out where your visitors are coming from.

7. Directory Submission – Do not forget to submit your site to DMOZ although it could time for your site to be approved. Also, on other reputable web directories. Download Huge Directory List with PR. Selling the List for $5

8. DoFollow Blogs - Start your Link Building Campaign immediately! Comment on DoFollow Blogs and get some PR Link Juice Love. Now Selling 267 Do follow Blogs List with PR of upto 6 For $5

9. Network/Make Friends with Bloggers - Make friends with Bloggers, most especially those who have the same niche as yours. Do not go for A-list Bloggers, they’re most likely too busy to even bother checking your site. Friends become loyal readers/visitors.

10. RSS Feed Submitter - Another Great way of Advertising and Promoting your site. Download RSS Tools.

Being a New Kid on the Block can be tough but as long as you have something new to offer in this competitive market, then all you have to worry about is your consistency as a blogger and the rest will follow .. (traffic, subscribers, profit and authority in your chosen niche).

Found the info, you just read useful?
    My friend, that’s just the tip of the ice-berg!
    CLICK HERE TO GET THE DETAILS

• Like Like x 1
    #1 adking, Apr 19, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  2. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That is a nice list adking, it summarises things nicely for several threads.

3. Footzilla

Footzilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

wow great article mate. Everything is explained in a small way.
    well i dont totally agree with the 2nd tip if we have some people on our contact list that we dont even know. They will start to spam all around your blog.
    btw Thanks for sharing this.

4. Connnerrr

Connnerrr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OnlyWire would help a lot. I have never heard of it, but now I am going to be using it as much as possible. Also another idea is Twitter, so others can see what you are doing if you don't post so much.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good point to share all the basic blog traffic generating method.
    I would like to add some point which is "create sitemap" - this will helps to get indexed by the search engine faster.

6. balegere

balegere
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you expand a bit more on Press Release?
    How is it exactly done?

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

balegere a Press Release is a news article that you write about your site or business. The objective is to include a news item in the press release article that will make it attractive to various media. If the media publish the press release, it will get you publicity for your website or business. You can read more about press releases on Wikipedia.

If you are looking for places to submit your press release, online you should find the Content & Article Sites section of our Useful Online Business Resources helpful.

If you would like any help or suggestions for your own press release please start a new thread in the relevant section and we will do our best to help you.

8. balegere

balegere
    uix_expand uix_collapse

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Glad you found it helpful, good luck with your own press release balegere.

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very great list adking. Although I have some questions on some parts like:

What is the difference of BlogCatalog, and MyBlogLog and Entrecard?
    What is DMOZ? How can it effect my website?
    How does Squidoo works?

11. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very well said, understandable, very informative post, what else? It's just simply "You did a great job". Thanks man for sharing it with us.