Blog still not picked up by google search.

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by TrueLifeWealth, Jun 29, 2010.

1. TrueLifeWealth

TrueLifeWealth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's been about a week since the site went live (I know this isnt long) but in my experience, once you get your link on some sites that are indexed often (such as forums like this one and other resources I've utilized) your site is usually listed over night.

I'm curious if I'm missing something that is penalizing me in getting indexed. For example the template of my blog. I notice in the status bar of my web browser that there is some obscure piece of code in the template that seems to take forever to load. Visually the blog looks complete but i can imagine an indexing spider might get stuck on this and penalize accordingly.

Any help or advice? Link is in my sig.

2. TrueLifeWealth

TrueLifeWealth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Laws of success and attraction are at work!!!

Ok this may sound wild, but I'm 100% serious. Right before I posted this, I looked for my site on google and it was not listed. So I made this thread and then said to myself "I know I'll be in there with a decent listing, I cant worry about how. Just focus on the site itself." along with other teachings of the laws of success and attraction fluttering around in my mind.

And not 2 hours later, I look up my site on google and there it is.

May sound crazy but wow lol. Going to be a good day. :D

3. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Glad to hear that it all worked out, TrueLifeWealth! I'm a great believer that we draw things and people to us that we need at certain times in our lives and just at the right moment. :)

That said, I think you should still find out what that obscure piece of code is. I suggest you start a new thread in the Web Development folder and paste that in. Maybe we can then see if there's anything worth worrying about. I'm no expert but there are others here that will be able to advise you better than I could.

Either that or contact the theme developer and just ask what it is and why it would be slowing your load time down. That's the last thing you want as Google is taking that into account now in their algorithms. You could also look on the developer's forum to see if anyone else has asked about it.