Blog Commenting and SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MBA Trainer, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBA Trainer

MBA Trainer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before 2011 do follow blog commenting was considered one of the most useful SEO technique. After 2011 Google has declared many SEO techniques ineffective. I want to know what about do follow blog commenting. Is it useful like past or not ?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

No, it is not. Many former techniques are no longer useful because they were either overused or used primarily for link building, rather than the purpose for which they were intended. In addition to blog comments, forum posts were, and still are, being used for this purpose. Even here there are members who make short posts, with several unrelated links in their signatures, mainly for the purpose of getting links for the websites in their signatures. I have issued infractions for many of them, and will continue to do so.

3. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are right, as compared to Blog Commenting, Forum Posting is still an effective method to increase the ranking of the keyword as well as to boost the traffic.

And as you said, that there are many people who use signature link of spammy websites so it's important to make sure to ban such people in order to maintain the quality of the forum.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Actually, my point was that both blog commenting and forum posting are no longer effective methods. Those who use forum signatures to obtain links for their clients are doing them a disservice, and are actually causing problems for their clients rather than helping them. There are also other outdated methods that are no longer effective, and yet there are people who claim to know SEO that are still using them, giving the industry a bad name. I do what I can to try to rectify this problem.

5. sonakshi

sonakshi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i totally agree with you both of them. These types of people join forums just get the back links from the site and promote their website . so that people called spammers. According to me Forums Posting and Article Submission is still useful for ranking.

6. simonwalker

simonwalker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on the purpose, If you are commenting for the sake of links then it will not do any Good for you whether its do follow or no follow. I have came across website where SEO guys just do small comments and generate sales from those comments.

7. guptaabhijit318

guptaabhijit318
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me, blog comment is a great way to advertise your cause or organization by featuring web addresses that venture back to a specific site or blog.

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I don't understand your comment. You agreed that Forum Posting is not useful, but then said it is? Yes, the type of people that join forums just to get links are spammers, and should not be allowed to continue. But, your conclusion is not a valid one. Forum Posting and Article Submission(to sites that send them to "thousands" of websites) are no longer useful.

Yes, blog comments can be a great way to increase traffic, but based on the title of this thread, they are not a recommended practice.

9. john14

john14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As long as your blog comment add value to the site it is fine but if you are only commenting for getting back links without realizing the importance and doing irrelevant comments then definitely it can hurt your SEO efforts

10. Mehak

Mehak
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Only theme based blog commenting is effective in SEO. Backlink from high PR relevant site is good.

11. melisalissa05

melisalissa05
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bloggers do blog commenting for different purposes like some do it to build backlinks, few do it to increase Alexa and few very do it to increase awareness about their blog.

12. mishraraj2603

mishraraj2603
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Melissa,
    I agreed with your points. But not always SEO's are doing spam, all comments are not only made for SEO purpose.
    But if you are considering only marketing category & your thinking also like that then you would see comments as a spam.

13. Maryjohnson1555

Maryjohnson1555
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i think it all depends upon the way you are commenting or answering. if you are really want to help somebody it will also benefit to you but if you are always in search of link then obviously it will be considered as spam.

14. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.