Black Hat VS White Hat SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by patrick0001, Aug 16, 2011.

1. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If black hat is banned by Google, why webmaster still go for it? White hat is taken longer time to boot up SERP, if I register a new domain implement with black hat method, then redirect those traffic to another domain e.g facebook fan page, then redirect again to actual site, do you think it work?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Black Hat SEO is still around for a couple of reasons. One, because webmasters who don't know any better want their site highly ranked, and firms or "consultants" who use black hat techniques promise them they can do it quickly. By the time the webmaster finds out his site is now in trouble, he's already paid the "consultant" or firm, and now they are suddenly unavailable.
    The second reason is because people who use it haven't gotten caught - yet. They think because they are still getting away with it, they should continue. Everybody hears about big companies like BMW and JCPenney, but no one ever hears about "Joe's Landscaping". How come? Because no one cares, least of all Google. Google makes no money on organic rankings, and there are over one trillion websites being indexed. It's not going to hurt Google if "Joe's Landscaping" gets banned. It may not happen today, or next week, or next month, but it will happen. When it does, except for "Joe's Landscaping", no one will know, and no one will care. And the people using Black Hat SEO will move on to next victim.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stephen Ryan

Stephen Ryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To do black hat well you have to willing to take a lot of risks. There is big money in black hat, but only if you do it right.

The best black hats spend a lot of money on the best scraping/link-comment spamming tools and also on dedi servers, vps and a ton on proxies and cloaking.
    Blackhats cookie stuff affiliate programmes, clickjack adsense, spread malware, build botnets and social engineer visitors.
    They also offer incentives to CPA offers which break TOS.

Black hat is good if you live in an unregulated country where they allow you to do almost anything you like.
    Some guys I know make over $20 a month with their empires, some a lot more.

You can purchase aged domains with high PR and then switch your content in, but you have to use redirects to maintain existing site PR

There is also a question of ethics and if you don't care about being an arse, then you go right ahead and become a black hat.
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. chengang

chengang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Black Hat Profit within a short timeļ¼Œbut Once found, the consequences are serious.

5. Stephen Ryan

Stephen Ryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

$20K a month i meant :D

6. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

20K is really a lot man. I think by the time Google found it and banded their domain, that domain already mission complete. Then they register much more new domain and use the same black hat method.

7. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I did follow their news http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/business/13search.html?pagewanted=all, JC Penny does not get the same penalty like BMW.
    I agree with you, none of the black hat webmaster can escape from Google, just about timing problem. Google search engineer sure can plan much more further than black SEO.

Due to instant result, I believe many webmaster will still attract to black hat method.

8. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google consider the users of Black Hat Technique as a Spam.Black Hat Techniques are poor quality post but faster way that's why many people using it.

9. jennaentrust

jennaentrust
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is really interesting and true. The companies that are hiring these black hat seo people probably don't know enough about SEO to even understand the difference then by the time they do realize their site is probably going to be offline and the black hat company will be long gone. I think that because this is such a new industry there is going to be a lot of trial and error before the industry is secure.

10. Stephen Ryan

Stephen Ryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

not making on one domain lol
    100's, even 1000's of domains.

11. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The net profit for this kind of business sure more than 10K. When1000 domain links to each other, I am sure some of the domain can turn into high PR site. So those guy can earn extra money from reselling high PR domain and Good domain name.

I just come across an extend question, if a domain is banned by Google, 1 year later it expire and renew by others. Does the domain will banned forever?

12. Stephen Ryan

Stephen Ryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't just use purchased domains, there are billions of others you can parasite.

But I don't do this myself, because I live in a heavily regulated country and most of this kind of game is illegal.

Yeah, Google bans it and keeps it banned. That's why you have to do your homework before purchasing domains.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Although the penalty for each was different, these are both well-known companies who tried, or whose SEO people tried, to use Black Hat techniques. They both found out the hard way that these techniques don't work. Because they are large companies, they were able to recover from their penalty. Other small or mid-size companies that are victims of Black Hat SEO companies may not be so lucky.

14. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This sound not fair to SME companies. But if Google not control it, worldwide user will just get irrelevant search.

15. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This could be quite risky for new company, because not everyone like us know the SEO trick. For those who are so unlucky to register those domain, they just get the penalty without knowing the reason.

16. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm not sure I understand your comment. I am not familiar with the phrase "SME companies". Plus , did you mean to imply that small or mid-size companies are irrelevant, and that only large companies have the right to be highly ranked on Goggle?

17. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if others mid-size companies do the same thing; Google will not even interview with them, and direct remove them from SERP. This sound not fair enough.

SME = Small Medium Enterprise (Malaysia local country term)

18. Abigale

Abigale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

On the other hand, Black Hat SEO includes efforts like redirecting search engine "spiders" to different pages than human visitors see, mass-posting "spam" comments (on blogs, forums, articles), or putting lists of keywords at the end of each page in very small fonts. Black hat methods may actually reduce the quality of search engine results. Some of these SEO strategies try to deceive users into visiting sites about subjects they don't have any interest in, which puts them at odds with the purpose of search engines.

19. lballantynenc

lballantynenc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best black hats spend a lot of money on the best scraping/link-comment spamming tools and also on dedi servers, vps and a ton on proxies and cloaking.

20. Ken Peterson

Ken Peterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From what I've seen over the years, the many fora posts, blog posts, etc. that I've read, I'd say that 95% of the use of the term Black Hat SEO may not apply. Heck, I was reading a blog post recently where someone was claiming Black Hat SEO when in fact it was a proper implementation based on the HTML guidelines. Anytime these individuals don't understand the concepts behind the implementation, it is automatically labeled Black Hat SEO, that seems to be an alarming trend.