Black Hat SEO - Link wheel

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Ricus, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Ricus

Ricus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Linkwheeling describes a black hat search engine optmization method used to gain high quality backlicks. In order to start linkwheeling you will need to submit a few articles to web 2.0 sites, such as Wordpress or squidoo and link them to your website. These should always link to one other web 2.0 site with your article again. Image: http://www.linkwheel.co.uk/_images/link-wheel1.jpg

2. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't thinks link wheel is. Nowadays people do while penguin is present.

3. pentawebexperts

pentawebexperts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am agreed that link wheel is a black hat seo strategy as some days ago i structured a link wheel for one of my sites and i was shocked to be punished by Google. My all keywords rankings that were in the top 5 lost their rankings in a couple of days. From then i have decided not to structure it again for any of my web sites. So my experience says that not to go for structuring link wheel any more.

4. Catherine

Catherine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link wheel refers to build a large number of independent sites on the Internet or set up a blog on the major portals, independent site or blog group are link together by a one-way strategy or plans, and direct to optimizing target sites so as to enhance target ranking in search engine results.

however, if search engine find all the sites are owned by one person or company, it will punish all the site in the link wheel. also it is a potential ways to optimize websites, if you want to use it , you should think twice in advance.

5. kennyschwimmer

kennyschwimmer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link wheel is a big no no in SEO at present. After the penguin update no website can even dare to have a link wheel strategy. Why do you need to use that black hat technique when you can have your own unique content posted on the web through blogs and articles?