Black Hat or White Hat SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Ricus, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Ricus

Ricus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Black Hat are mostly only some short term methods to earn money online and are illegal of course. White Hat on the other hand is legal and involves serious businesses. I always try to use the legit way to start a business, but what do you use for SEO?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Always white hat for me. I would not like to risk all the hard work that I have done and the search engine positions that my sites have already achieved by implementing black hat SEO methods that could result in a site being banned from the search engines.

3. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So far I never heard a person which is implement black hat strategic and earn a lot from it. A legal business strategic will last for long time, whereas illegal strategic stop work when they get caught.

4. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As a SEO professional i would say only white hat SEO helps in ranking a site in search engines. Never follow the black hat seo tactics for your site for ranking in search engines.

Black hat seo may helps you in ranking your site in a quicker period of time, but after a while your site will be thrown out of search engines. Mainly Google says that never to practice black hat SEO. After the recent Google penguin update most of the site were pushed down in terms of ranking as they indulge in black hat SEO.

5. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Black hat is not really illegal, it just violates the ground rules established by the search engines (particularly Google).

Even though it is not illegal, it is a very bad idea for most websites. It is a way to try to boost your search engine traffic but almost always is a short term solution. In the long run, if you are caught using black hat tactics then those methods may actually harm your site. With the recent Penguin adjustment, Google proved what most people assumed: that they will figure out black hat methods being used and will take steps to negate them.

Stay away from any method that tries to trick the search engines. Concentrate on getting links that are from trusted sites.

6. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

White hat, of course, if you don't want to get penalized by Google or any of the other search engine giants.

7. sirfpaisa

sirfpaisa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

White hat : follow the rules of SEO & all techniques ..
    Black hat : break the rules of SEO & post unlimited links to promote our website know as black hat...

8. Nathan John

Nathan John
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it is a valid point about white and black hat seo. White hat usually follows the rule of search engine optimization while black hat seo is against the rules of search engine optimization and break the rules and irrelevant posting and putting links are part of this seo.

9. johnaddison

johnaddison
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Black Hat SEO is considered as an unfair means as per norms of Google and it is used to get quick results without following search engine's rules.Google can penalize your website for applying Black Hat SEO.
    Whereas White Hat SEO is time taking process than Black Hat SEO but it is a reliable process for long term.So we should follow the rules of White Hat SEO.

10. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Black hate SEO which is not accepted by search engines and white hat which is accepted by search engines. Simply !!

11. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depends on what type of user you are and what your intentions are actually.
    If you are a spammy user that want to do something quick, get the cash and don't care about the future and the domain you can go full black hat!
    If you care for a right link building and reputation management as well as long term rankings white hat.
    Of course you can be a legitimate white hat seo guy with some black hat interests and try GREY hat seo..(refers to techniques that aren't white hat but still cannot be called 100% black hat seo)

• Like Like x 1
  12. nashir

nashir
    uix_expand uix_collapse

White hate seo we doing for long term business. Many of we use Black hate for short business.

13. fish

fish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you get the time and enough budge, white SEO is a best option. The white SEO takes more than four years. Be patient.
    If you would like to see the results and effects immediately, you can use some strategies of Black hat SEO.

14. UTMediaGroup

UTMediaGroup
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whitehat works the best. I feel that I do not want to go to the work and do black hat and then have the search engines ban my site or delist me. Then it was wasted work.

15. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess you could call it white hat, but I work to give visitors what they are looking for. I try to focus on my visitor and make sure they are happy, so they will tell others about me. As far as page structure, I do follow common sense, like having an easily navigable site structure and an eye-pleasing design. I handle a few on-[page factors. Off page, I keep it real. If I can add value on the Net, I do. I don't go after links for the sake of getting links. I don't manipulate, I strive to over delivery and Wow human visitors, rather than chasing search engine spiders.

I would say what I do is more of a value-based system rather than plugging away at ranking factors.

16. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use both white hat and black hat previously but finally all my website with black hat is die, and therefore now i use only white hat. White hat take longer time and more work but it can last longer compare to black hat

17. pandaa

pandaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Believe it or not, you can get away with a LITTLE bit of black hat. But overall, you're better off just focusing on content and reaching the top in the normal fashion.

18. zatun07

zatun07
    uix_expand uix_collapse

white hat seo is best and legal technique for getting best result in SERP

19. ssstylish

ssstylish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good summary, and black hat is indispensable for a new website in most cases.

20. Jason520

Jason520
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you get time and money. Yeah, White hat SEO.
    If you want to see the immediate effects, please do black.