Biollionaire Anybody?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Forbes has published their business billionaire list. Anyone planning on being one?

Do you find the list and profile details inspiring?

Who's your favourite on the list?

2. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quite a lot of Indians there. I love the way it says for WILLIAM GATES III - Fortune : Self Made. Quite inspiring.

Thanks for the share!

3. MakeThatDollar

MakeThatDollar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I hope to be on the list at some point but I'm sure it will take several more years and hard work to achieve it.

4. braane

braane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We all have our goals in life. I would be willing to bet though that most of the people on not only this forum but in real life would just like to have a fraction of what those people have. I'm talking like 1/1000 lol. The list does not really inspire me though for I have noticed that it is really just the rich getting richer. Most of their stories are starting out "Son of a lawyer" or "Daughter of a wealthy business man". It almost makes you want to believe people who come from middle of the road families like me could never make it. So it may actually be more uninspiring than not. Although I must say, just knowing there is actually that many people with that much money makes me feel a little better.

5. lepi

lepi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why not man? It's open for everybody...so why we can be the next one? Just work hard and smart.....and you will see the results!
    But I don't think you must be biollionare.....to be happy! The most of those people are unhappy in life.......so ask your self.......worth it?

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There are quite a few self-made people there, which I personally find inspiring.

It's also great to see that there are people on the list from developing economies, like India, as has already been mentioned. These economies are beginning to provide severe competition to more developed economies such as the EU and US.

7. Gauchit@

Gauchit@
    uix_expand uix_collapse

my favorite billonaire is the one that donates millon to me:)

8. Footzilla

Footzilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personally telling, I think that William Gates III is the best on that list. The reason I like him that he is a pure business man. He doesn't waste any money on buying silly expensive things. He is also young. :D

9. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing this link. Looking at this list makes me want to work hard more to also gain more wealth. I've just bookmarked the link to motivate me to work even harder hahaha. My favorites are Larry Page and Sergey Brin - the creators of Google. Do you know why? It's because through their google adword and adsense, they're also helping all of us in gaining wealth in the Internet!

10. TheOnlyOne92

TheOnlyOne92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My favorite is William Gates III ( Bill Gates :) )
    I have watched a documentary about him and he was really amazing...
    He has started when he was 15 and in about 10 years he has reached a couple of millions.

Now he is continuing to build his software, hardware and technological empire even more day by day!

AMAZING...

11. Alexis

Alexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The way Gates came is impressive.

12. Footzilla

Footzilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Everyone likes Bill Gates:D. I hate that to happen. He's no 3 now so he is no longer impressive:D

13. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I plan of having two or three nice houses in different parts of the world. Some cash on my account and enough money to give my future kids warm meals and a good education.

Damn I sound so old fashioned :)

14. Superb

Superb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

offcource i would love be listed with them, just need a bit of luck & hard work!

15. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to welcome you to the BAF forums Superb. Enjoy your stay here.

I think everyone wants to be listed with these billionaires. Who wouldn't be? But for me, getting to the millionaire's list would be already okay. Need not just a bit of hard work but a lot more of it though.

16. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The page is quite inspiring when it says - The World's Billionaires.

I'd Also like to go for Bill gates. Because I'm his fan and was inspired when I began my time with computer. Well, I read this stories too in discovery channel and his invention at books and Internet. He is a intelligent guy and yet a creative thinker and clever too. Cheers for Bill Gates!

Anyways, Fergal nice piece of sharing, thank your for providing the list.

17. upineter

upineter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My fav bilionaires is sergey brin and larry page. They graduate in their academic and success in the online business with their google search engine.

18. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you look at Forbes' list of youngest billionaires, you will see that most of them have inherited their fortunes from their parents or relatives. I am most impressed with those self-made billionaires though.

Guess who is the youngest billionaire is? It's 23-year-old Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg.

19. Advisor

Advisor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is a great inspirational quote-

" Every morning, get up and take a look to see whether your name is in the top 10 rich people. If not, work your way up there!"

20. prettysue

prettysue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will be happy to be a millionaire and not famous :) But if it is possible for us to be billionaires in the future, then why not?

I am a person with big dreams. Bill Gates still inspires me for the reason that his wealth is not handed down to him. He is the one who accumulated that big amount of money. It just showed that anyone of us can be wealthy like him if we have the passion and the will for it to happen in our lives.