Bing Webmaster Tools - rebuilt "from the ground up"

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Kay, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have dropped by to see what's going on with Bing recently, now's probably a good time to do so. After listening to feedback, Bing's launched a new and improved version of their Webmaster Tools.

And there's more.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Bing is still not as good as Google in my opinion and I don't foresee myself moving from Google to Bing any time soon.

3. luisfshort

luisfshort
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have accounts on all 3 -- Bing, Yahoo, and Google webmaster tools. I find the features at all of these to be invaluable, and be able to track popular searches on each of the 3 search engines. Who wouldn't want this data? It may not make sense for you to try to rank your site in one engine or the other, but why not track how users are finding your site in all of them?

I also use a tool like Market Samurai to track my site ranks for my desired keywords across all 3, over time. So I can see as I rise and fall in the rankings.

4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

luisfshort, what is it about the Bing webmaster tools that you like compared to what's on offer from Google (or Yahoo! for that matter)? I really wanted to like Bing when it first came out but I can't warm to it.