Bing question?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by youngkia1, Dec 8, 2010.

1. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just read a blog (i'm sorry i forgot the link) but anyway in that blog it stated that when you never optimized to bing you will miss atleast 10 to 20% of traffic. Is that true?

On the other hand I also read some forum thread saying that "You dont have to concentrate with Bing because once you've indexed in google all other search engine sites will follow".

So which is the true behind these? Hope to get a feedback. Thanks in advance.

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be honest, I don't know how to optimize my blog with BING since I only do some basic SEO on it, but I got at least 10-15 visits from BING everyday. I don't know how's it possible since most of my pages indexed in BING is some old posts, maybe a week or two old.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Our stats for Business Advice Forum show that less than 1% of our traffic comes from Bing, whilst over 50% comes from Google. Perhaps that's a sign that we need to focus on our strengths and increase the traffic we are getting from Google even more, or perhaps it's an indication that we could be doing much better on Bing.

That's pretty much the approach I take. I believe that if a site does well on Google, it can get a huge amount of targeted traffic from there. Once you dominate Google, you can then look at improving your rankings on Bing and some of the other search engines.

4. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is what i thought too..

So what i posted was both important right? I need to consider both right? That's all i wanna hear :D, I was just bothered thinking that all of you here knows about this but not me. Well atleast now i know :)

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The basic SEO is same for both google and Bing. Just focus on google SEo basically can help to get ranked well in Bing too
    The only different is Bing seems pay more weight to the content itself but google more to backlink

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Similar to what sigma said, I would personally just focus on Google. If your SEO is done well, it will also help you to rank better in the other search engines.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

And once you have done it right on Google, everything will follow. :)

8. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think this is true, once you are indexed in Google forget about every search engine

9. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As has been mentioned already, get the basic SEO steps right on your site and it will benefit you across all search engines (the vast majority of SEO is about improving the user experience, the SE's seek to encourage the best possible user experience so do/will continue to reward this with improved rankings). Focusing on google makes perfect sense as they still have the vast majority of users, but as long as you're focusing on 'best practise' and not aiming at gaming the results then the steps you take will reward you on other search engines too. The weightings given to each factor will vary (as will some of the specific factors), so the results will vary across SE's, but the basic steps are consistent.

This has long been the claim about Bing. Results seem to suggest otherwise (I'm sure most SEOs have carried out their own testing, but this analysis by SEOmoz contains a fairly large dataset for review) and that in fact backlinks (at least when viewed in a relatively crude manner) have a higher correlation with high rankings on Bing than they do on Google. Having said that, all search engines are dynamic in nature and for the best long term results individual differences like this should be disregarded in favour of a more holistic long term strategy for performance.

10. Transcribe

Transcribe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We should optimize our keywords in various ways. Bing will automatically take that like Google.

11. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will take note all of that. Thank you guys. It gives me clear understanding on this issue. Thanks :)