Bill Gates: The Richest Man

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by GekiDan, Oct 1, 2009.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to Forbes, the richest man in the US is still, Bill Gates, a co-founder of Micro$oft. His net worth is $50 Million. Isn't that huge? Well, I think he should thanks Micro$oft for that. :D

Source: http://www.forbes.com/2009/09/29/forbes-400_rich-list-09_all_slide.html?partner=yahoo

I think he could donate a good amount of money for the victims of tsunami in American Samoa and typhoon victims here in the Philippines. It is, if he have a good heart....:rolleyes:

2. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

His worth is $50 billion & to be fair to the guy much of his work nowadays is charity driven. The Gates foundation donates billions to charity each year.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good for him. Regardless of what we say about him and Microsoft it is hard not to applaud his success and achievements. It's fantastic to see that he does so much for charity now. I'm looking forward to seeing my name on the list.

4. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

:D

Yeah, I'm only about $50bn short of making it. Although I did find 2 Euro on the way to work.. do I'm on my way :p

5. coolashish

coolashish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

indeed microsoft founder is richest

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If you could just find a way to double that €2 everyday Sean, it wouldn't take you long to catch up with him.

7. eddielkk

eddielkk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is always bad rumours about microsoft or to bill gate himself. Well, in term of the business, microsoft did do something like monopoly the market which is not good, but then his personal and organisation success can't be denied. Some people purposely talk bad about him is just for ownself jealousy, they should learn how he success rather than blaming this and that.

8. abhishekp8590

abhishekp8590
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes he is really very rich

9. piatraelfa

piatraelfa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you even imagine how much money does $50 billion means?
    I can't and i think neither can Bill Gates. I think he is one of the most wanted men from the face of the Earth.

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, yeah. And because of that, I doubt he will go outside without a bodyguard.

11. Nathan

Nathan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I thought he was the founder of Microsoft, not the co-founder, and he borrowed $5,000 from his mum or something, and now is worth billions.

But yeah he'd never go outside with a bodyguard, and yes he did earn his money.

I think he also said, that his not giving any of it to his kids, instead they gotta work for it, like he did, i could be wrong though.

12. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

He was the founder correct from what my knowledge tells me...

Hes very lucky, and started from scratch so it is proven that you can be succesful :D

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Bill Gates is co-founder of Microsoft. He set Microsoft up with Paul Allen, also one of the wealthiest people in the world.

Bill Gates like most successful people would probably acknowledge that there was luck behind his success. But I'd say that we all get lucky and that truly successful people are the ones that capitalise on their luck and make the most of the opportunities that are presented to them. They do things to achieve their goals, that many others would not be prepared to do. They've generally worked extremely hard to get to where they are today and most of them have made a lot of sacrifices along the way.

14. aquarisaa

aquarisaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We all see, the money he has made in his career. If we get time we must also see how he reached that goal. The knowledge about his past may show us where we lack in achieving our target. May be perseverance and hard work??

15. Nissan

Nissan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bill Gate is now again the richest man of the world! it really great. I can proudly say that i met him a long back, i still have his autograph with me.
    He is the co-founder of Microsoft, he must be the luckiest person. His hard work have took him to the stage of earning $50 billion.

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's interesting. Where did you meet him? What was he like?

17. FZR005

FZR005
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am a big big fan of Bill Gates because of its struggle.I love following two quotes of Bill Gates.

1.If you born poor it is not your mistake but if you died poor it is totally your mistake.
    2.Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you, Find yourself.

18. bogartkick

bogartkick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's truly Bill Gates, who is the richest man ever existed until now. But I know there are some huge competitors behind him, which are also millionaires like Oprah and Donald Trump who wants to get to the top of Bill Gates. Seriously...after a few years they would get even closer to Bill Gate's on his new worth.

19. nextmily

nextmily
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hahah... and we should apply for this job, xixix :D

20. rakendurjois

rakendurjois
    uix_expand uix_collapse

even now?

is he the richest man even now. he has steped down from microsoft right. his name s created a brnd name. thy say when bill gates drops a 1000 bucks notes by the time he lifts it up, he woul have earned 10 times thgt money