big company wants my facebook page confiscated

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by daytrader, Aug 22, 2016.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

can a big company really take the facebook page i created due to trademark infringement while they do have their own?

They've sent me a message that they wanted to take it from me. what options do i have? this is because my page ranked more than theirs.

2. guardianpestmanagement

guardianpestmanagement
    uix_expand uix_collapse

dont think they can as long as your not using any copyright of theirs

• Like Like x 1
    #2 guardianpestmanagement, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2016
  3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks i was hoping they are just scaring me. but really a huge company can be scary when they say they are going to send me legal rep.
    I was once their agent and it was those time that i created it jsut so i can market their product online. and i don't think its part of the contract that they will confiscate it. the team i work with before still are using this fb page and they are getting sales.

4. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have copyrights then no issues, they can't do anything legally. But if you do not have proper copyrights then you need to worry about it. Better you can say them that I have some rights and call to make a deal with you. I think this is the best option, at least you get benefitted.

5. Eleena

Eleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am totally agree with this. First try to find out whether you have all the copyright information or not. If the answer is negative then it can be issue for you.

6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

If the FB page was created as part of your job then it belongs to them. If you are using their trademarked name without permission then they can force you to cease and desist.

7. cheta

cheta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exactly i agree with you on this. also if you were a past employee of the company and you were the one managing their social media page, then once you are no longer engaged, you must have over everything to them including this Facebook page in your possession.
    but if you have no link with the company and they are claiming it, then it is very wrong.

8. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No i'm not managing their social media page. i created this page apart form them and it outranked their page. Few agents of them are calling to buy my page but I didn't sold it to them. one offered 2k USD.

here is a comparison.
    lets says fb.com/businessadviceforum is theirs and mine is fb.com/businessadviceforumcommunity
    can this be an issue which thru the law they can forcefully take my page?

9. Rockpapercopy

Rockpapercopy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have created FB page using their products, while working for them, and now you are ranking higher than them? Well done, but of course they will be pissed off. As long as they haven't got a strict trade mark on their branding and photos, carry on. If they do, seek a legal advice. I don't think this can be an issue, unless you proof you monetize on the popularity of your Facebook page, which can be difficult to prove, unless you have set up some kind of quality affiliate tracking software.

10. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Is there anything on your FB page that belongs to them? Images, content, advice, support anything else that connects to the business? If so then they could have a claim.